Recent content by Fatuck

  1. F

    HDMI to 3.5mm Audio Conversion?

    Until recently, there was adiscernable "click" when my headphones were plugged. The microphone and the line in connections still have this "click." I already tried to resolve any sort of driver issue, as well as read up on how this all works and everything I read indicated the mechanism was...
  2. F

    HDMI to 3.5mm Audio Conversion?

    Thanks for the advice. I went and found a low price USB sound card that should work well enough.
  3. F

    HDMI to 3.5mm Audio Conversion?

    Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 6920 that recently had its warranty expire. Naturally, as soon as that happened one of the components decided to break. Whenever I plug in headphones, I am able to get audio out of the headphones but the relay to short the speakers isn't kicking in. Basically...
  4. F

    3DMark06 Scores

    Oh, and it was run on 1280x1024 with settings default in the Nvidia control panel.
  5. F

    3DMark06 Scores

    Hi, I just built a new computer and got a 3D Mark 06 score of 11,174 and I'm trying to find out of this is right. Here's the setup: Intel Q6600 Asus P5K XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog Edition Vista Ultima 64-bit 2GB Crucial DDR2 6400 WD 500GB SATA II w/16mb Cache Haven't OC'd the...
  6. F

    What to Build for Approx. $1500?

    Operating system question: Do I go with Vista Home Premium 32 bit, or Vista Ultimate 64 bit if I do the Q6600?
  7. F

    What to Build for Approx. $1500?

    Question: How much overclocking does that Thermalright Ultima HS allow? Also, which mobo do you think is better for SLI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188015 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188019 I think I might do 2 8800GTs and...
  8. F

    What to Build for Approx. $1500?

    Thanks for the info. As far as my monitor goes, I've currently got a 19" wide screen LCD that outputs at 1440x900. I'll probably buy a 24" LCD whenever I find one on a good deal, but as of this time, it's no rush. My MO is typically to build a rig and basically run it into the ground...
  9. F

    What to Build for Approx. $1500?

    Hello all, It's been about 4 since I've actively followed the hardware market, so I'm not totally up to date on what's out, and was wondering what I should get. I'm looking to spend less than $2,000, and preferably below $1,500 for a swanky rig. I'm not big on overclocking out of the gate...
  10. F

    Logitech Best Support Ever.

    They have the best customer support I've ever seen. I've only had to call them up once, when my Cordless MX 700 Duo keyboard mouse set starting having issues after a few years. Basically, the contacts wore out and the mouse wouldn't charge properly anymore. Not really their fault, it's the...
  11. F

    Good time to build a new pc?

    Hello all, It's been several years since I have been able to actively track hardware development, so I had a few questions I thought I'd ask before I made any radical pc building decisions. First off, is it a good time to build/buy a new computer? New technology comes out quite...
  12. F

    Help needed with Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

    Here are the aspects worth nothing in my system: Asus P4P800-E Deluxe mobo Intel P4 3.0E cpu 2x512mb Kingston PC3200 ValueRam, 2x256mb Samsung PC3200 in dual channel ATi x800 Pro The problems: First problem: About a week ago I added the two Kingston sticks of ram and the x800 pro...
Back
Top