Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
If it's going to be higher cost, it'll be out of my budget. That's fine. The rig that you recommended will be a noticeable upgrade over my previous rig and I'll be happy with that.
Thanks for the help and I look forward of enjoying my new rig :)
From the research I have done so far based on Danny's recommendations, it looks a solid system that will last for a long time. I'm going to pull the trigger very soon.
I never had experience with a case that had the power supply on the bottom and I'm trying to figure out how to setup (4) 120mm...
I noticed that Fry's has a AMD X4 955 for sale at $99.
Would shaving some expenses by going with the AMD be a worth while path? To me, ~$100 difference isn't a total deal breaker but the other side of me wants to stay be inexpensive as possible ;)
To give an insight on where I'm coming...
Understood and do appreciate that. Also Amazon has free shipping for a lot items too.
I'll do some more research and hopefully get a system built and ordered soon.
Thanks Danny for the recommedation and will consider it. I'll play around with it and see if I can make it cheaper because you know, cheaper is better :D And I mean trying to find other places that may have the parts cheaper. Your recommendation was very similar I was trying to build earlier...
Yes, I do live near a Microcenter.
Also, here is the exact case that I'm currently using:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144026
I may upgrade it though. I want to stick a 120mm fan in the front but it supports upto a 80mm. It does support 120mm in the rear though.
Reseated RAM and no go. Even took all the memory modules out and just had the motherboard, CPU and PSU. Didn't want to turn on.
So I decided to return the computer and look for something else.
Thanks for the help :)
Hi all,
I recently posted a thread where I received an Asus computer and was going to use that as a platform to build on. Well, that did not goes as planned and I sent the Asus computer back to the store.
For $500, it had the following:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-650 3.2 GHz
- Motherboard...
I went out and got another PSU, an Antec Earthwatt 650W, and it still won't turn on. The green LED is lit on the motherboard and I checked all the connections. The PSU is set to on and I used other methods to short the power switch pins on the motherboard. Nothing seems to help. Seems like I got...
Hi all,
I recently received a computer that has the follow:
- Intel I5-650
- Asus P7H55 Motherboard
- Asint 8GB of memory(2GB x 4, 1333mhz)
- Seagate 1TB
- DVD-RW
Test 1:
- Using a Delta Electronic 400w powersupply that came with the case, it does not power on. I see that there is power to...