• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by EdSurly

  1. E

    Weird heat problem....

    I am assuming you cleaned all the dust filters and blew the dust bunnies out with canned air? Simply sound to me like you need to do a thorough dusting off of the machine. Make sure all your intake fans are working also, my machine did something similar and I cleaned it all out, it wasn't...
  2. E

    Solidworks Case Design & Thermal Analysis

    Looking forward to reading more.
  3. E

    I pulled the trigger...here's what I ordered

    My current pc is a Q6600 as well. My Nforce 680i motherboard was dying a slow painful death so I figured I was doing the right thing by putting it out of it's misery. lol As for the wife's veto powers.....my wife already used her veto when we purchased our car. She wanted a Ford Edge and I...
  4. E

    I pulled the trigger...here's what I ordered

    Silverstone RV02B-EW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163173 Asus P8P67 Evo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131704 i5 2500k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072 MSI R6970...
  5. E

    New build opinions

    Ok, thanks very much Danny! Asside from what you've said you don't see any issue with my MB choice or memory, SSD, cooler and such?
  6. E

    New build opinions

    Ok, thanks for the input. I'll probably drop the 580 route. Cases seem awfully subjective to me, and I suppose they are...kinda like the Chevy Ford debate lol I want front USB3, few of the cases you showed had that. One of the reasons for the HAF X is the free shipping as well from Newegg...
  7. E

    New build opinions

    Crap, I forgot about that. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming 2) What's your budget? $1400 with shipping and taxes 3) Where do you live? Oklahoma 4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? Case, CPU, Ram, HD, Video Card, Motherboard, Cooling 5) If reusing any parts, what...
  8. E

    New build opinions

    I have 4 different setups I've created within my budget of $1400 and would like folks to take a look and let me know your opinions on the setups. I really don't know which one would be the best for gaming. I do want to future proof the machine as much as possible that's why I kind of shy away...
  9. E

    Bad motherboard? Bad power supply?

    Thanks a bunch to both of you. I just downloaded memtest and will do what you suggested Anark, and Nathan...thanks for finding the post, it was very informative and it let me know my board is a piece of shit! lol
  10. E

    Bad motherboard? Bad power supply?

    It doesn't matter which modules I use in channel B, none work. Neither does it matter where the modules are place as to the fans working or not. My motherboard doesn't have "Q" fan but I assume it's the PWM utility for the fans? If so I did manually select 100% for the fan headers (and turned...
  11. E

    Bad motherboard? Bad power supply?

    I have an older Core 2 Quad system and I recently got a memory error. I removed 2 sticks of my Crucial Ballistix (2 gigs of 4 total) and it seems ok. If I put either of the two matched sets in the "B" channel (the channels furthest from the socket) of my Asus P5N32-E SLI board I get the same...
  12. E

    Gigabyte shows off first Touch BIOS screenshots

    UEFI has been out for a few months now, MSI, Asus and, I believe, several other board vendors are using it. I don't think after reading the link that Gigabyte is actually using UEFI but they have cobbled together a GUI to manipulate their BIOS from within Windows. I could be wrong though
  13. E

    RV03 or HAF X?

    These two cases are almost the same price on newegg. The HAF X is actually a few dollars cheaper once shipping is taken into account. I'm building a new system but I really don't know which one would be better. I really like the motherboard placement of the Raven, but the HAF seems to have...
  14. E

    New i7 build

    I like that! Never new something like that was around, thanks a bunch!
  15. E

    New i7 build

    Yea, Pi x radius squared...DUH!! I had a brain fart. Your right, 113mm equals the same area as two 80mm's. T
Back
Top