• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by durianmy

  1. D

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Running SunOS napp-it-15a 5.11 omnios-10b9c79 on esxi 5.5. I have an existing pool that I tried to destroy via the napp-it gui. Now the napp-it gui is not responding and zfs commands are not responding. Other commands seems to be fine. The zpool destroy has been running for over 9 hours...
  2. D

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Hi Gea, Doe the current version of Napp-it works with EON Storage 1.0beta which is base on oi 151a. Thanks.
  3. D

    Intel 82579LM and 82579V

    Finally got it resolve by reseting the BIOS to defaults. That seems to clear the 82574L Ethernet controller. See my post on "ESXI boot CD hang at "Loading module HID" for more details. Thanks.
  4. D

    ESXI boot CD hang at "Loading module HID"

    I've managed to track down the issue. 1. There is something wrong with the 82574L Ethernet Controller after BIOS update to 1.0b. 2. Running any latest live CD Desktop (fedora 15) hang during start up 3. Same as ESXi boot CD (hang at Loading HID) 4. If I disabled the 82574L...
  5. D

    ESXI boot CD hang at "Loading module HID"

    I manage to get the installer to load after disabling one of the Ethernet port. But run into errors after pressing the F-11 Accept License screen. The error seems to be unable to load vmfs3 module. vmkctl.HostCtlException: Unable to load module /usr/lib/vmware/vmkmod/vmfs3: Failure
  6. D

    Intel 82579LM and 82579V

    Chilly or Anyone, How do you get the ESXI Boot CD to load on X9SCM-F. When I tried to boot via USB, it hang at yellow screen loading HID. Thanks.
  7. D

    ESXI boot CD hang at "Loading module HID"

    Sorry, forgot to mention it has a PS2 keyboard only. I tried to use a USB keyboard and its the same. The is a IBM BR10i card (Flash to LSI IT firmware) on the PCI-E slot without any HDD connected to it yet. MB - X9SCM-F Memory - SuperTalent 4 Gig Module X 4 Processor : Intel Xeon E-1230...
  8. D

    ESXI boot CD hang at "Loading module HID"

    The only device is the USB CD-RW Drive (IO Magic). Is there any settings that I need to disable on the BIOS ? Thanks
  9. D

    ESXI boot CD hang at "Loading module HID"

    I just got my MB (X9SCM-F BIOS 1.0b) setup and trying to boot up the ESXI 4.1.0 34384 CD via a USB CD-ROM. I ran into the above problem after it loads from the CD-ROM and continue loading the module. Thanks for any guidance/help
  10. D

    IBM BR10i flashing to IT firmware problem

    It looks like you cannot flash the BR10i card with this MB. I have the latest BIOS on the MB 1.0b and sasflash -listall still give the same error. I managed to flash the card on another spare system that I have. Thanks.
  11. D

    IBM BR10i flashing to IT firmware problem

    I have this card on my X9SCM-F MB PCI-E slot. (X8). I tried to flash it to IT firmware and I am getting the following error. ERROR: Failed to initialize PAL. Existing Program. My command is sasflash.exe -o -f 3081ETB3.FW -b mptsas.rom Thanks for any help/guidance.
  12. D

    Sandy bridge, VT-d and ESXi... success stories?

    Where do you install your ESXi and OpenIndiana if you pass your sata controller to OpenIndiana ? I am getting my board (x9scm-f) soon. Thanks.
  13. D

    Sandy bridge, VT-d and ESXi... success stories?

    I just ordered from Superbiiz the following 4 Super Talent DDR3-1333 4GB/256x8 ECC Micron Server Memory 1 Supermicro X9SCM-F-O 1 Intel Xeon Quad-Core E3-1230 3.2GHz 5GT/s 1155pin 8MB CPU
  14. D

    Sandy bridge, VT-d and ESXi... success stories?

    I did have ESXi 4.1 U1 installed on a USB stick without problem. What kind of problems are you having ? BTW, I am looking at either Supermicro X9SCM or Tyan S5510GM3NR for my next build. Tyan mainly because it has 3 LAN port that are well supported by ESXi. X9SCM's 82579LM LAN port is...
  15. D

    AMD Zacate

    Thinking of getting one of this board. Has anyone tried to put a SAS/SATA controller card on this board yet ? Specifically Intel SASUC8I. I know that the ASUS board does not work ATM. Has anyone tried it on either MSI or Asrock board ? Thanks.
Back
Top