my new penryn with batch not very popular yet :D
User Name: Dragon Heart
Stability: 4hours+ Small FFTs orthos
CPU: E8400
OC: 4005 MHz
Stepping: 6 C0
Week: Q804
Code: A249
Vcore: 1.248
Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Thermalright Ultra 120 xtreme
Motherboard: Asus P5K...
as expected .
you got same load temps than my Q807 , that is weird even if reported 10° lower in real temp for 4 ghz
My Q746 reaches 55° full under prime and it is with the same cooling TRUE120
26° idle vs 55° on the same board tssss ( asus P5K premium black pearl ed)
I can't even...
there is something weird
what mobo do you have ?
I think you can't go wrong with Xeon /penryn running with intel P35.
tried X38 ( asus P5E and maximus formula and got lot of issues booting or ram related. no luck for me as other owners success with such combos , but I don't like...
so here is my new xeon ( much better than the other , temps buggy although lol )
priming 4 ghz at 1.20 vcore :p
CPU: E3110 (e8400)
OC: 4005 MHz
Stepping: 6 C0
Week: Q807
Code: A091
Vcore: 1.20
Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Thermalright Ultra 120 xtreme
Motherboard...
I don't think you could be unhappy ;)
I'm on the same way .
You could uncheck BTW auto vcore since most often mobo will overvolt it.
Set to auto mine is around 1.25 v and as you can see my 3.6 ghz is stable with only 1.16v load - everyone shoud test it before let autovcore.
running...
of course not !
I'm talking for my personal use of overclocked cpu .
do you think I 'd be member of such forums( ocforum/ xtremsystems and others ) lol
I just think we should be careful with those new cpu's
don't forget I validate my 4 ghz E6600 here too with +8hours priming . :p
There is a thread on XS about possible degradation - several people needed to increase vcore to get same stability under orthos or occt
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179965&highlight=degradation
Don't forget those chips are new and we don't know so much about them...
yes , most people are enthousiast getting easier 4 ghz on air with those wolfies than with allendale/conroe .
as targeting the higher fsb is most part of fun than really much better . You 'll get better results in memory bandwith benches like everest or sandra sisoft but for daily apps or...
"there is no proof the xeons are higher binned" and I do agree.
Just let me tell you they clock very well although :D
max fsb @540 x 8.5
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=331019
max overclock at 532 x 9
this with an asus P5K-C on AIR cooling ( TRUE 120 )...
you can add asus P5K-C ( hybdrid DDR 2/3 )
both E8400 or Xeon E3110 run fine with .
did 4.78 ghz booting under vista air cooling with xeon 45 nano
wolfie E8400
<< E8400@3.96 Ghz batch Q746A326 sold
this board has a very nice max fsb
540 max with multi 8.5 and 532 with x 9...