Recent content by dfidler

  1. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    @deadlift1 - was an 8600gts; didn't bother to uninstall drivers before updating to 191.07. @magoo - um... weird. :(
  2. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    @magoo - I missed your message the first time I read through this... that is interesting indeed. When you say that your son "deleted everything he didn't need", what do you mean by that? Do you mean that he uninstalled drivers or other programs?
  3. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    @cyclone3d - I'm using HCI's memtest for all of this. I haven't reseated my CPU; shouldn't have to with 2 years running stable. I haven't reset my bios, will give that a shot. re: PSU, I'd thought of that too. I've got a Coolermaster 700W downstairs in my HTPC that I can pull (and...
  4. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    Scratch that, the 750/7780 were a 680i with the NF200 added. My bad.
  5. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    @Lorien - I found out that that NF200 chipset is basically just a i680 + PCI-e v2.0 support. So maybe I spoke too soon by saying that the 191.07 driver issue shouldn't bite me. I was just discussing all of this with my wife and she asked, "So if the driver did cook your motherboard, is nVidia...
  6. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    @LAiN_OfTheWired - The problem is that the gtx isn't even in my system any more and I'm still getting system instability with every day tasks like web browsing, etc. Granted, the period between crashes is greatly reduced. That's why I'm testing the memory modules (I'm currently scanning the...
  7. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    @Little_4nic8er - I was thinking that too but am trying to avoid it if I can. I have dozens of programs installed and just re-installing those will take days. Though now that I think about it, i could always install to a new disk for a quick. :P @Lorien - I don't have an NF200 chipset, but...
  8. D

    Unstable system after installing gtx275; cooked something?

    Hi All, Summary: I installed a gtx275 and got some serious instability; intermittent locks spontaneous reboots BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL System Event Viewer says "the nvidia display driver service has reported an invalid current state 32" (which google says is a bug in the 19x.xx...
  9. D

    ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

    inolen, while I've not tried hooking up the DVI and HDMI port on mine, I am running dual monitor from mine. I've got a small 7"LCD touch panel in my HTPC case which I plug into the dsub port. The TV gets plugged into the HDMI port. I'll test it out plugging a second monitor into the DVI...
  10. D

    ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

    I should mention that my only complaint is that the WiFi drivers for W7 64bit don't come on the CD. The manual tells you to get the drivers using windows update... but with no network, that means disconnecting the box and moving it to my office and plugging in. I'd rather the drivers just...
  11. D

    ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

    Hi All, Just fixed my HTPC with one of these boards (replaced a flaky ASUS ATX board) and wanted to say that you can fit a Zalman CPU cooler (CNPS 9500) with a small modification to the base (contrary to what people were saying earlier in the thread). Here are some pix with the cooler on...
Back
Top