Recent content by defwhig

  1. D

    I need help installing Windows 7.

    I've been using Windows XP since it came out, but with my new system I thought I would jump to Windows 7. I bought the Windows 7 Home Premium for system builders. I noticed on the package that it says I will need to obtain some OPK software... When looking into this at microsoft's website I...
  2. D

    Help w/ CPU cooler for Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P.

    Hi guys, I just received my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P and was in the process of installing my CPU heat sink when I realized it wasn't going to fit on the motherboard. I was using a Thermalright Ultima-90 and there is a heatsink on the motherboard that won't allow me attach it to the bracket...
  3. D

    Need HELP selecting a MOBO for Q6600

    Thanks for all the replies. :) I believe I will go ahead and aim for the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P considering I can get it for 5 bucks more than the UD3R. I haven't had good luck with ASUS in the past so I think I will avoid the P5Q. I'm needing some suggestions on memory for the UD3P now. I think...
  4. D

    Need HELP selecting a MOBO for Q6600

    Hi guys, It's been awhile since the last time I worked on a PC or even looked for parts (2 kids in the last 3 years.. lol) so I'm kind of clueless at the moment. I have a Q6600 processor that I need to get a motherboard and memory for. I doubt I would do any OCing right away, but it would be...
  5. D

    post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

    I got my case today, but I ran into a little problem. The screws they sent me to mount my hard drives with are too big for the holes in the sliding tray. Is this a common problem?
  6. D

    post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

    Thanks guys. That's what I was wondering. :)
  7. D

    post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

    What are the differences between the p180 and p182? Is one better than the other?
  8. D

    520HX or 620HX?

    Would I need to go with the 620HX to power 2 EVGA 6800 video cards, a Q6600, and 1 raptor in a Antec p182 case?
  9. D

    are page 2 views borked?

    I'm having the same problem. I'm actually trying to view the 33rd page of the thread that SC385 mentioned, but I can't.
  10. D

    post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

    I think I'll exchange this case... What's a good place to order the p182 from? Does the SE come in black?
  11. D

    post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

    I've got a quick question for you p182 owners. I have a Thermalright Ultima 90 with a 120 Scythe S-FLEX fan... I mount it onto my new Asus P5N-T Deluxe motherboard, and go to slide it into my Silverstone TJ-03. The Ultima 90 might barely fit if I installed it while it was in the case, but the...
  12. D

    4-pin CPU fan connector on motherboard... My fan is 3-pin. Huh? What?

    I was wanting to use this sweet Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F with my Thermalright Ultima 90, but it's only 3-pin. My motherboard has a 4-pin connector for the CPU_FAN. Can I still use it, or will I need to buy a 4-pin fan (any suggestions on brand if so)? Thanks for any help.
  13. D

    Which way does it blow? Which way should it blow?

    Thanks for the reply. The fan is actually facing the same direction in both pictures. So, to clarify. I need to put the fan with the label facing the heatsink in order for it to blow through the heatsink and to the rear exhaust fans?
  14. D

    Which way does it blow? Which way should it blow?

    Hey guys, First time builder.. I was putting the fan on my heatsink, and began wondering if I had it on correctly. I just put it on label out, because I guess I thought that was correct. I'm actually not even sure which way the air would travel or should travel. Would it be best to blow...
Back
Top