• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by dblinkhorn

  1. D

    HOT Sennheiser HD650 $319

    It's a fantastic amp and while I agree that only having a 1/8" jack is a downside, I think the intrinsic quality of the amp outweighs this inconvenience. NwAvGuy, who developed the O2, was going to release a larger version which would have included a 1/4" jack, but he bowed out of the audio...
  2. D

    HOT Sennheiser HD650 $319

    That's the only amp you'll need. Most amps that are more expensive are actually a downgrade if actual fidelity to the source is your goal. As the saying goes, the perfect amp is a wire with gain, and the O2 is the closest you'll get for headphone applications under $1000. Overpriced gear that...
  3. D

    HOT Sennheiser HD650 $319

    delete
  4. D

    Dell Refurb U2713HM 27" 2560x1440 $419, U2913WM 2560x1080 $370

    the 90-day warranty scares me a bit too much to get one of these, but the price is good
  5. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    It's running at x16. I haven't tried another PCI-e slot yet. I have noticed that even on TF2 I will get FPS drops into the 80fps range when there is a lot of action on the screen, but it's not my video card struggling because it never goes above about 50% usage on that game, even during the FPS...
  6. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    From what I've been reading in other place, that seems to be the consensus. On 64-player maps, even the best hardware struggles to keep up. It definitely seems like a CPU problem, though.
  7. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    Nope. Just one 1080p display.
  8. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    I did disable SLI and I did indeed take an FPS hit, about 30%. Also, I'm running a Corsair Professional Series Gold 750-Watt PSU. This problem definitely has to do with 64-player games, as my single player frames are way better even using all ultra settings. EDIT: After some further testing...
  9. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    I haven't tried that either but I've also read mixed reviews about whether it actually makes a difference. However, while running BF3 all 4 of my CPU cores are at or near 100% usage when playing, so would 'unparking' even make a difference?
  10. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    I'm not lying about my overclocks, lol. CPUID confirms 4.6Ghz while running Prime95. My GPU usage for each core rarely goes above 80% even on all ultra settings.
  11. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    Yes, but it didn't help, and I then changed it back to adaptive because I read that this doesn't actually affect real-world performance and basically just causes the GPU to idle much hotter since it won't down clock as much. I should also specify that this lower-than-expected fps problem...
  12. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    I'm using 320.00. Would that really be the cause? It definitely feels like some kind of bottleneck because going to absolute max settings doesn't change the FPS that much, but it does a bit. EDIT: I got the latest drivers and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Although I have now seen that...
  13. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    Yeah I'm stumped as well. Riva Tuner is indeed showing that both of the GPUs on the card are operating and the Nvidia control panel is showing that multi-GPU mode is enabled. I'm stumped....
  14. D

    GTX 690 and BF3

    My system specs: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 16gb ram 256gb SSD GTX 690 For some reason, even with the lowest possible settings in game @ 1080p I can't max out 120fps on my 120hz monitor. My average on lowest possible settings is around 90fps and my average on highest possible settings is...
  15. D

    XL2720T / XL2420T / VG278HE / VG248QE -- Easy LightBoost ON / OFF via hotkey (beta)

    I'll try it on my VG248QE. I'm so happy this is out! Thanks! EDIT: Works perfectly. Awesome program.
Back
Top