Recent content by Darkeforce

  1. D

    2405FPW out of stock

    I ordered mine on March 28th and they gave me a "ship on or before" date of 4/26! Luckily, I see that it was shipped today on 4/15. :) But hey, I got it for a pretty good price (950) so I was willing to wait. :P
  2. D

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Oh, it's far away. LOL. He said it should ship on or before April 23rd. :( <sigh> Oh well, I can wait it out. :)
  3. D

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Just got off the phone with Dell Home (just the 800-WWW-DELL number) and I reached a representative by the name of Oliver who gave me a 20% discount off of the 2405. Brought the price down to $959 or some such. I'm in CA though, so I DID have to pay sales tax. But, this is the best I have...
  4. D

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    ^^^ Did you talk to the Dell Home or Dell Small Business people? Or, for that matter, the Dell Large Business? I have an employee purchase program where I work, I'd love that deal.
  5. D

    2405FWP Wait Times

    How did you get the $185 discount? I called dell and they said the $1199 price was the only price they could give it to me at. :( Did you order through Dell Home or Dell Small Business? I've never ordered anything as a "small business" so I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I mean, I...
  6. D

    2405FWP Wait Times

    Did you order this from Dell directly via the phone, or did you go through a third party vendor? (i.e., wipro).
  7. D

    Dell 2405FWP $849 Shipped (USA)

    The latest quote from Brad at wipro was $1079 as of Friday March 25th. :(
  8. D

    Dell 2405FWP $849 Shipped (USA)

    Where did you find that 15% off coupon? I'd buy it for 1020.
  9. D

    Dell 2405FWP $849 Shipped (USA)

    I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait for the price to drop below 1k again? I'd really like to get a new monitor soon. :(
  10. D

    Apple 20" LCD or Dell 2405FPW: Which to spend my $900 on?

    First off, thanks for the information everyone. This is really helping me out. It turns out that my bonus this year is substantially larger than I was expecting, so my $1000 limit NO LONGER APPLIES!!! :) So, now it's between the 24" Dell and the 23" Apple. LOL. I'm still sticking to the...
  11. D

    Apple 20" LCD or Dell 2405FPW: Which to spend my $900 on?

    Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with the Dell. My hardware might not be completely up to par now, I figure it will be in a year, and I keep monitors around for several years (unlike PC hardware). Now, hopefully I can find one of those swell deals to get it for around $900 or so. :)
  12. D

    Apple 20" LCD or Dell 2405FPW: Which to spend my $900 on?

    Aaaaaahhhhh..... I got ya. Sorry, I've never heard it called "envelope" mode. LOL. I've always just called them "side bars". I think I'm gonna check the mall this week and see if the dell kiosk has one of these bad boys hooked up. I'd really want to take a look before throwing down my...
  13. D

    Apple 20" LCD or Dell 2405FPW: Which to spend my $900 on?

    Ok, I'm a n00bie, so please forgive me.... "envelope mode"?
  14. D

    Apple 20" LCD or Dell 2405FPW: Which to spend my $900 on?

    ^ Just out of curiosity, what resolution DO you run your games at on the 23" Cinema Display?
  15. D

    Apple 20" LCD or Dell 2405FPW: Which to spend my $900 on?

    Ok, so I'm going to be purchasing a new monitor in the next couple of weeks. I really can only spend about $900 on it (with tax and shipping I can go up to a little over 1000). I'm really torn at this point. I've heard nothing but great things about Apple's displays. And yes, I have poured...
Back
Top