• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Dachande

  1. D

    Dead pixels on a new monitor

    Hey guys, I've recently been looking into purchasing a new monitor for my girlfriend, who is fed up with CRTs. We ended up going with a 20'' LG model (L206WTQ), which was on sale for $230ish Canadian. It had a dead pixel to start, so we brought it back and exchanged it for another of the same...
  2. D

    nVidia 7600 GT versus ATI X1650 Pro

    Hey guys, I'm building a friend of mine a budget rid. Trying to get a video card in the $150-$200 range, and I've found two cards that both look great, for great prices: nVidia 7600 GT and ATI X1650 Pro Now, the nVidia card is a bit cheaper, but the ATI card has 512mb of ram...
  3. D

    eVGA 7900 GT KO - gonna explode, or what?

    Hey guys, I'm building a rig for a friend-of-a-friend. He won't be overclocking. I was thinking of getting the e-GeForce 7900 GT KO for him... Because I can't find any regular GeForce 7900 GT's in the stores near where I live. We're working on a limited budget, so ordering elsewhere is...
  4. D

    Sennheiser HD 555 versus Audio-Technica ATH-A500

    I'm leaning the same way. Does anyone have any votes for the HD-555s?
  5. D

    Sennheiser HD 555 versus Audio-Technica ATH-A500

    I can get the A-500s for $110 US, I can get the HD-555's for $116 ish... Which one should I get for gaming purposes (and hopefully an explanation as to why you think so)? I've got a decent Creative soundcard, fyi.
  6. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    Alright, so here's my final decision: I'm looking at these two: Audio Technica D40FS @ Amazon Or, Audio Technica A500 @ Amazon Which would you guys go with, assuming I can afford either pair? Is Amazon a good place to buy these kinds of things? Does anyone know of a place that...
  7. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    Ugh, it's that pleather stuff? I was hoping for some of the nice fuzzy/soft lining on the HD-555's... Oh well, I guess I can deal with it if it's a good quality sound. Does anyone know if there's a difference between the ATH-D40 and the ATH-D40FS? I can't seem to find any difference, but...
  8. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    Thanks man, you're correct. I just called a local music store, and they said the same thing. I would definitely pick up the version you linked. They're a good price and seemingly good quality. The pair that you tried on - was it comfortable? Did it feel cheap? I'm asking because the M40s...
  9. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    What's your guys opinion on this one guys? Audio-Technica Headphone ATH-M40FS 5 - 28,000 Hz 100 dB ~$75 USD Sale at Amazon Good quality? Worth it? Anything wrong with them?
  10. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    But I could buy a clip-on mic, I suppose... I just want some good quality sound to go with BF2... That is really comfortable. ATM, I'm just using aLogitech set w/ a mic... But they're not very good at all. They're pretty comfortable, but horrible in the sound sense. Anything is better...
  11. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    But what about everything I read about the HD-555's and whatnot? Would it make a difference if I bumped the max price up $25-$50?
  12. D

    Headset w/mic, or not?

    Alright, this is a tri-pronged question. 1. Should I get a headset with a mic, or not? I've heard about issues on both sides (headsets w/mics have crappy mics, but standalone mics are inconvenient/pain in the ass) 2. Based on your answer for #1, which headset would you pick up if money...
  13. D

    Upgrade from eVGA 7800GT to eVGA 7900GT for $75... Worth it?

    Hit. ... Waiting for delivery, w00t!
  14. D

    Upgrade from eVGA 7800GT to eVGA 7900GT for $75... Worth it?

    My system is as follows: AMD 4400 X2 eVGA GeForce 7800 GT (256mb) Corsair Twin-X Pro, 2gb DDR ASUS A8N32-SLI DLX mobo etc... (that's the only relevant stuff anyway) I also have a brand new 19' CRT. Based on that, recommendations for upgrading to a 7900 GT? For $75?
  15. D

    Upgrade from eVGA 7800GT to eVGA 7900GT for $75... Worth it?

    I've got the chance to upgrade my eVGA GeForce 7800GT to a 7900GT, for only about $75. Would this be worth it? Will I see any/much performance increase? Bryan
Back
Top