• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Cygna

  1. C

    Linux Is A Lemon On The Retina MacBook Pro

    *as both a Windows and Linux distro user
  2. C

    Linux Is A Lemon On The Retina MacBook Pro

    From my observation as both as Windows and Linux distro user, I'd like to say that the whole Linux universe is great. Linux distros are about choice. I look at fragmentation more of an Android ecosystem issue, because unless you put ROMs on your phone you are locked into that particular ROM...
  3. C

    [Requiring therapy] Broke down and got a Macbook Air... I feel so dirty

    A little late to this thread, but if you want to maximize, there's a few options. One is Cinch, it works similar to Snap in Windows 7. http://www.irradiatedsoftware.com/cinch Another is Size Up also from irradiated software, I prefer it to Cinch just because I can define key commands...
  4. C

    Corsair Vengeance RAM Giveaway! 5 12GB Kits!

    Corsair RAM is bad enough to save the president.
  5. C

    matte or glossy

    I prefer glossy, but I also have a Moshi iVisor for when I'm outside for long periods of time.
  6. C

    Best Graphics Card Upgrade EVER

    The best GPU upgrade I ever had was from a no name 2D card to a Voodoo 3000 AGP. Playing Quake 2 not in software mode was amazing. Any game that could run Glide was crushed. :D :eek: :o
  7. C

    Mid-tower case $150 or less, simple, classy, great airflow, little to no mod?

    I was looking for pretty much the same thing in a case, and went with an Antec 902. I just turned off the top LED fan, and wrapped the LEDs on the other fans with electrical tape. Took maybe 20 seconds to do each fan, and I think it looks a lot better. not great quality BlackBerry photo of...
  8. C

    Ratpadz XT

    Thanks for the input guys. I can def live with replacing the pads on the mouse / Ratpadz, and the not sitting 100% flat part isn't so bad, as I would just bend it back like you did or take a heatgun to it. I do believe I am placing an order for one ASAP. Funny thing as I check this thread I...
  9. C

    Looking for mouse with excellent tracking & response

    If you call Logitech and your G5 is under warranty (3 year I believe) they will ship you a G500 at no charge. My G5 was tracking weird, and then after awhile stopped right clicking. The G500 has been great, and they changed the wheel out as well from the G5. The surface of the mouse took a...
  10. C

    Ratpadz XT

    So I'm looking into getting one, and most of the posts I've found through search have been positive. The question I have is are there any negatives with these? Like feet coming off, areas of wear coming out after a couple of months / years, or any issues with the surface quality? I've seen...
  11. C

    AM3 cpu for gaming?

    I have no complaints about my 720BE, even before it was unlocked it was fine, had no trouble running it at 3.7GHz with the settings that Bit Tech posted... Running Stalker complete 2009, Aion, and TF2 just fine @ 1920x1080 with everything turned up, couldn't be happier.
  12. C

    720BE unlocked max temp

    Hi there, I'm running a 720BE with the 4th core unlocked at 3.6GHz with idle around 40-46 and load 55-57C. I read that the max safe temp for the 720 is around 70 at load. The question I have is does the max temp change when the 4th core is unlocked? I know the 955 max temp is in the 60s, which...
  13. C

    Places that have the 5850 in stock?

    If you live near a Fry's they may have the 5850/5870 in-stock. They sell them for I believe 279.99 and 399.99... Definitely cheaper to wait for an e-tailer to get some in stock, but if you must. Edit: both of the stores I went to recently (City of Industry, CA and San Marcos, CA) had a few...
  14. C

    Antec Performance One owners: Silence your HDD's! *w/pics, 56k warn!*

    Very creative ;) Also good job on the case wires!
  15. C

    Intel Core i7 Full System Drawing @ [H]

    Good morning
Back
Top