Current Newegg Cart:
LG DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH24NS50 $24.99
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $54.99
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders $104.99
XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD...
So, I'm building a new computer system (Upgrading from a C2D system), ready to purchase immediately, have some general questions to direct my research however:
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming (Mostly MMO's, Starcraft 2, but the odd FPS here...
I found that one but it doesn't seem to provide any info on the "generic" intel gpu's...
I'm basically torn between these two computers, one is an AMD QL-60 Dual Core CPU, 3gb of ram and a 9100M (256MB of dedicated ram) and the other is a Pentium Dual Core T3200 with 4gb of ram and an intel...
I've been trying to find a list of rankings of current mobile video card offerings that includes integrated video cards (nvidia, ati, AND intel brands) and compares them to discrete cards..
I'm looking to buy a mid-range notebook, but of course I want to know where the video processing power...
max resolution is not important because I'm helping price out a high end lappy for someone who is visually impaired and will not be using it at native resolution anyways..
(and yes, bigger screened desktops may seem better but portability is a big factor for this situation)
Have 2-2.5k, want the best I can get at 17inch screen size (anything bigger is too big)
I started looking for myself, but I"m not the keenest on the best places/brands when dealing with laptop computers so I require assistance of people smarter then myself.. Thanks in advance..
Well, it was an x1950 Pro 256 vidcard -- I couldn't see any visible defects on it that would have caused this to happen -- no blown caps or anything (they're all solid caps) nothing seemed out of place when I pulled off the heatsink either. The manufacturer of said card was from Korea (I bought...
Well.. This blew my mind, and I expect it might blow a few of yours..
My no start was not caused by my CPU, MOBO, or PSU..
It was my Vidcard..
I'd get No power whatsoever when I pushed my power button,
swapped out the videocard on a whim, and wham booted right up..
So I bought an...
The motherboard is less then a year old, but I have no receipt or anything that shows the date of purchase. I bought the motherboard overseas (I was working in Korea) sometime last may/june. Would I still be able to get an RMA from them?
yeah I know I'd need the ram/gpu to boot -- but I'm not getting that far..
I am just wondering if I can rule out either the PSU/CPU -- unfortunately I have no 'known good' parts to test. I am just wondering if the CPU can cause this type of behavior (no power upon start up)
I should add...