Recent content by Countryman

  1. C

    Vista64 won't boot soon after updates

    Sold a pup - please ignore
  2. C

    Q6600 To power Hungry?

    Impossible. Hungary is a big country. You will need lots of power stations. :D
  3. C

    Is Latency worth the extra?

    Hi Guys, I want to buy 4GB of RAM as 2x2 for a new Abit IP35-Pro that I want to moderately overclock with a 6750. I have been given lots of good advice from this and other forums but still don’t know what to purchase. Some responses conflict as to whether latency is more important than...
  4. C

    E6850 or Q6600???

    Why buy when you can rent?
  5. C

    Regarding the July 22 price cuts

    The Senate with cheese? :rolleyes:
  6. C

    Vista Home or Ultimate?

    Thanks for acting as a sounding board guys! I'm going for Home Premium as I can't justify the difference either. I have no interest in joining domains, I can't ever see myself using Remote Desktop or BitLocker. I have used Ghost for the last ten years and it has saved my bacon many times. To...
  7. C

    Vista Home or Ultimate?

    I am looking to buy Vista64 and notice that the differences between Home Premium and Ultimate are file backup and restore, Windows fax & scan, remote access and Bitlocker. These don’t seem to be worth the difference in price or am I missing something?
  8. C

    Whos coming with me

    I'll be hanging onto the E6750 coach.... Few apps at the moment can use the Q6600 to its full potential and it is too damn hot when running others. By the time quad optimised apps are mainstream we will have the cooler running Wolfdale.
  9. C

    SCSI Question

    We have been shipping SCSI based rigs for 20 years. Adaptec is the only controller card that we trust.
  10. C

    Does heat=GHZ or amount of overclocking?

    Will an E6420 at 2.13GHZ stock produce the same heat output as an E6750 at 2.66GHZ stock? Also, will an E6420 overclocked to 2.66GHZ produce more heat than the E6750 at the same speed?
  11. C

    best bang for buck after 7/22 price drops?

    The Q6600 runs much hotter than any dual-core. Can it be underclocked for when you are running non-compatible applications?
  12. C

    8600GTS or 8800GTS for video work?

    Guys, many thanks for the responses! P4rD0nM3 – I bought an expensive Elsa Gloria DCC workstation card for my system a few years ago as my wife was going back to University to do graphical design. It failed a few months after the warranty expired :mad: and I purchased a bog-standard...
  13. C

    8600GTS or 8800GTS for video work?

    Hi, I am building a new rig which will predominately be used for video work (Premiere, CCEB, After Effects, DVD Workshop and Photoshop). I don’t do any gaming. I am tempted to get an 8600GTS due to the onboard hardware acceleration/decoders etc for HD. I would also like digital TV out to...
  14. C

    Abit IP35 (Bearlake)

    Many thanks for the quick response Buff! Yes, I went back and had a look. Goodness knows what I was looking at earlier. In my defence, I posted before the first whisky of the evening, so my brain was probably addled… Found and downloaded, thanks. WRT to the X38, got a 1KW PSU on order...
  15. C

    Abit IP35 (Bearlake)

    Buff, What is the URL for the Forum? I looked at the US one but it has very few postings. I have almost decided to ditch the MSI P6N 650i Platinum for the Abit P35 Pro. Unfortunately, the manual is not yet downloadable from the ABIT site. Do you know if the internal S/PDIF header carries...
Back
Top