Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
On Windows 2000, you can tick an option to search for driver on the internet, but ever since then, in the newer versions of Windows, this has been discontinued. Why? That was a good way to get drivers.
I have a problem with Windows XP where it keeps changing the browser to ie, even though I did not ask for it. I have unticked all the necesary boxes, such as "tell me if ie is not the default browser". Is there something I can change in the registry to completely restrict any program from...
Is there an easy way to do this? I have tried to upload on all the major sites such as shutterfly, snap fish, webshots, photobucket, and I am running into limits. This is because flash limits only 500 photos at a time. Even Picasa only allows 1000 at a time. Are there any services out there that...
the laptop is 2yrs old. the battery lasts half an hour now. thanks for the battery bar tip. just checked the wear % is 73. i do not know what this means though. is it the higher the better?
I've just gone through 10 different programs that find duplicate files, but all of them have been programs that only do a search in 1 folder, like c:/fotos, or something. I have about 10 partitions with duplicate files and would like to find a program that can compare all the partitions for...
I have a lot of unreplacable data that I spent a lot of time working on. I would like to get it back, but I am also planning for the future, that's why I wanted to compare externals and internals. I want to get something that has the least chance of what happened to me now with the clicking.
No, I do not mean .raw files. There is something called raw files in a program called get data back, and it is different from regular data. I do not know much about it except that "get data back" differentiates between raw data and regular data.
I do not know what exactly what went wrong with my hard drive. It just makes this clicking noise. Some people have said that the arm is broken, while others have told me to replace the logic board. Actually, I am considering sending it to India to a lab and have them replace the arm and back up...
I have recently used a program called get data back and I am seeing this raw data, but I am not familiar with this. How do you read raw data? And what exactly is raw data?
I had mine for about 3 years. It was made by western digital. It came with a Gateway computer. So basically what you guys are saying is that the arm is the same quality on the external as it is the internal. I am most concerned about arm failures because those are almost impossible to fix and I...
I'd like to know which is more reliable? I just had an internal die on me, and now I am deciding what to buy. I'd like to buy an external simply because I just had a bad experience with an internal, but I'd like to know if they are any more reliable. For example, does it also experience the...
My hard drive died on me and started making clicking sounds. I am thinking about replacing the green board on it. I have heard that this has worked for broken hard drives, however, I do not know if it applies specifically to my kind of error. Does anyone have any experiences on broken hard...