Recent content by chomba

  1. C

    Titan Black 1920x1200 or R9 295X2 2560x1440 for Arma 3 w/ 50+ min fps (v.high/ultra)

    Thanks xoleras and others for your extensive input. It was really helpful and enlightening (e.g. the use of mad AA settings)... except I have to go back to the drawing board. :) At this point, I would prefer the 27" 2560x1440 option. I will have to ruminate on the GPU decision, e.g. two cheaper...
  2. C

    Titan Black 1920x1200 or R9 295X2 2560x1440 for Arma 3 w/ 50+ min fps (v.high/ultra)

    Isn't the overclock benefit between 4770 and 4770K pretty minor though? For example http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page5.html the first graph. An estimated couple fps difference between 4770 turbo vs overclocked 4770K @ 4.5 GHz. And the overclocked 4770K at that speed is...
  3. C

    Titan Black 1920x1200 or R9 295X2 2560x1440 for Arma 3 w/ 50+ min fps (v.high/ultra)

    I have to stick to 4770 for some of the features 4770K does not have.
  4. C

    Titan Black 1920x1200 or R9 295X2 2560x1440 for Arma 3 w/ 50+ min fps (v.high/ultra)

    Which setup (and why) would you choose if the following was the goal; run Arma 3 with 50+ min fps using very high or ultra preset: - 1920x1200 24" and Titan Black, - 2560x1440 27" and R9 295X2? From the benchmarks I've seen it looks like that Titan Black alone is not enough for 50+ min fps...
  5. C

    Eizo FlexScan EV2736W

    Could some kind soul check what is the height from your desk/table to the bottom of the screen (bezel) at its lowest position on the stock stand?
  6. C

    24" 1920x1200 sRGB IPS/PLS recommendations

    Thanks for chiming in. I've been to a large IT retail shop and I'm still thinking about my options. I might go with a 2560x1440 instead of the 1920x1200. Looking at one of those (27", Asus PB278Q) I'm a bit concerned about the default size of everything (text, icons, etc.) from viewing distance...
  7. C

    24" 1920x1200 sRGB IPS/PLS recommendations

    I guess I have to drop out some candidates otherwise there will endless back and forth indecision. If I've read & understood correctly: Asus PB248Q - PWM - reports of abnormally high squealing noise during operation and/or when sleeping / in power save mode BenQ BL2411PT - no-PWM...
  8. C

    24" 1920x1200 sRGB IPS/PLS recommendations

    I'm looking for a 24" 1920x1200 sRGB IPS/PLS display that satisfies the requirements listed below. I've been drowning myself in reviews and forums and just when I feel this display is it some comment sways me to another direction. Rewarding and frustrating at the same time. I would really...
Back
Top