• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Chodon_Leela

  1. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Thanks for the prompt reply. Most reviews I read stated that the Sapphire Tri-X 290X is very good and keeps the card nice and cool allowing some OC-ing. The reviews on the Asus 290X stated that Asus's cooler wasn't as good as the Sapphire's Tri-X. Could you please elaborate on why you wouldn't...
  2. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Both of you have valid arguments. But I am just not for the GTX970 with its VRAM issue. Would you recommend me the R9 290X Sapphire Tri-X OC ?? It costs exactly the same. Also if I get the 970/290X, it frees up some cash to opt for a 5820K/X99 build. Is that something I should be looking at?
  3. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Buying online is not an option in Lanka. I know of a few good mega retailers here. Yes I plan on keeping whichever GPU I buy now for at least 3-4 years... that's why I am opting for a flagship card.
  4. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    After my experience with Apple, I have developed an aversion to brand computers. This is why I am about to order my first clone PC :D .
  5. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Thank you. Yes that IS the case I had considered in the first place but the pcpart website didn't have this case listed. I will definitely keep in mind your advice on the SSD. My monitor is having 1080p and 27 inches wide. I don't plan on upgrading the monitor in the forseeable future.
  6. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Hi, thanks for the help. I see you are a Corsair fan ;) However, the shops in my vicinity only stock CM and Thermaltake cases Cooler-Master Casings. I don't want to spend too much on a case. Thanks for the SSD tip; I can't afford both a SSD and a HDD atm. I will not get any Gfx lower than a...
  7. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Thanks for all your inputs. They helped me narrow down my choices. This is my final build. I will order the PC next Monday. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim...
  8. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    I have a newbie query on the mobo... Will I be able to OC on a H97 mobo the same as on a Z97? Because I thought only the Z97 was OC friendly. The Z97-A is not available, neither is the TX650 (v2). The TX650 is the non V2 version which is available. I don't use LAN. I have a router and Wifi...
  9. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Wow thanks that's some reply Danne :cool: OK I will go for the Intel 530 Series SSD. I might not get any SSDs and go for a Toshiba/Seagate 2TB HDD. The Corsair TX650 & the CM V750 costs exactly the same amount here. And I have read somewhere that the guts of the CM V series PSUs are made by...
  10. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Is the following a better dollar value build would you say so? PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim 58.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO...
  11. C

    New Build with Haswell-E

    Hello everybody. My name is Leela. I am from Sri Lanka. This is my first post on the HardForum Community. My current PC is a Apple Mac G4. I have come up with two configurations based on what is available in my locality. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel...
Back
Top