• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by charlesb80

  1. C

    Memtest Errors!

    I contacted the service center and they told me it was ok to pull the RAM so I did. It seems that one of the sticks was completely dead, with the good one it it can run memtest for 45 mins without errors, with the bad one it doesn't even boot! I am now sending the bad one back and will have...
  2. C

    Base Memory against high memory!

    I found that any DOS application could run on my laptop with bad memory so I ran memtest on only the first 640K. With this it can run for at least 15 minutes without errors. Is the base memory (the first 640K) handled in a different way to the rest (as soon as I test beyond 2MB I start to...
  3. C

    Memtest Errors!

    I have already submitted an RMA, but thanks to their crap service, I still have the machine a week after submission! They are supposed to be sending someone out to pick it up, but there is noone to be seen! There are two RAM chips installed, one is at the bottom and the other maybe under the...
  4. C

    Memtest Errors!

    Nope, I got the laptop new and two days later it became unstable. I tried to install XP fresh (which worked), but then it wouldn't boot and now I can't install an operating system as it keeps giving the blue screen of death or copying errors, etc. Then I tried memtest and got 40,000+ errors...
  5. C

    Memtest Errors!

    So in dual channel the sticks will give errors all over as the sticks are being used alternately? Wouldn't this show a clear memory gap between the errors which is twice the size of the test pattern / block? The errors are in a laptop, so I am slightly reluctant to take the memory out as...
  6. C

    Memtest Errors!

    Can one faulty stick cause the other to produce errors as well? Or should you see a distinct region where the errors are present that represents the region of the memory that is unstable? I am getting almost 40,000 errors after 7 minutes!
  7. C

    RAM Problems with Core Duo Laptop

    Hi all, I have been having problems with my new Core Duo laptop, firstly I was seeing strange crashes (I would call them GPFs, but Windows XP doesn't) with applications. Then the system would repeatly reset when getting to the Windows login screen. After this I ran the new version of...
Back
Top