Recent content by camhabib

  1. C

    Wacom Cintiq 20WSX

    I know this is kind of a long stretch, but I thought I'd try anyways. I've been interested in picking up both a tablet as well as a high quality display for photo editing for quite some time now. Instead of purchasing both a traditional Wacom tablet as well as a separate display, I have a...
  2. C

    Help choosing monitor

    It seems that the common recommendation is that you need a wide gamut monitor if you are going to be doing a significant amount of photo editing with cameras that shoot in the aRGB mode (aka, just about every pro camera these days). Given that, and the noted problems with both the DoubleSight...
  3. C

    Typical Performance Results?

    I just finished setting up a three disk software RAID 0 (WD 640GB SE16 drives) and ran XBench to obtain some performance results. I got the following back: Results 191.34 System Info Xbench Version 1.3 System Version 10.5.3 (9D34) Physical RAM 8192 MB Model MacPro3,1...
  4. C

    Help choosing monitor

    It seems as though the only advantage to the 2690 would be the wide gamut. It appears, from reviews, that the 2690 has some QC issues, and that the 2460 has several advantages including smaller pixel size, less known problems, and it appears less difficulties with. As I said before, the...
  5. C

    Help choosing monitor

    Thanks for the links Biges. I think that'll probably give me another 8 or so hours of reading to do. Between the NEC 2690 and 2490, is there any major difference? The 2690 is larger and yet its cheaper then the 2490. Any difference in quality, etc? Also, for a $300 or so increase in...
  6. C

    Help choosing monitor

    I recently picked up my first desktop in several years, a Mac Pro, fully loaded with 4 VelociRaptors, 8GB of RAM, a 8800GT card, the whole works. To complement this work of art, I'm looking for an equally stunning display. I do mainly photo editing, and as such, I'm looking for a display...
  7. C

    DoubleSight DS-263N - 26"

    I tried to read as much of this thread as I could, but to be quite honest, it's a lot of information to sort through and take in at one time. I know that some, if not most of these questions have been touched upon, and I apologize beforehand for any repeats. I am searching for a monitor to...
Back
Top