Recent content by cabby

  1. C

    HP ZR30w Problem

    Tried a different cable and video card and still had the "thin, vertical, red line". HP overnighted a replacement ZR30w to me on warranty. Still don't have the technical explanation for the "red line" but i have a new ZR30w with a perfect picture. Great customer service from HP too. C.
  2. C

    HP ZR30w Problem

    I bought a ZR30 last Sept. and after installing it and booting my PC into Windows7 i noticed the monitor had a thin, red, vertical line that ran from bezel to bezel about 7 inches from the left side bezel. I was going to call HP about a warranty replacement but the thin red line disappeared...
  3. C

    Best LCD HDTV for PC gaming?

    My Panasonic 42" TC-L42D2 120hz LED LCD HDTV is great for driving/flight sims. The 120hz processing is disabled in "Game Mode". I use the HDMI connection to a Nvidia GTX 580 and the PQ is excellent, no backlight bleed, and with no noticeable lag. The TC-L42D2 also has an IPS panel so the...
  4. C

    Keep my 42 inch or get 24 inch LCD's for eyefinity?

    I currently game on my 42" Panasonic LED LCD(TC-L42D2)with an E8500@3.8 ghz and an Nvidia GTX 285 2GB video card. I play mostly MMP driving/flight sims with this set up and i use high-quality video settings(16x Aniso, 4x AA, etc.). I get excellent FPS and picture quality, no motion-blur or any...
  5. C

    Buying 3 monitors for eyefinity

    Why is that? C.
  6. C

    So is eyefinity really worth it?

    From what i have seen, for Flight-Sims and Driving-Sims, Eyefinity is the way to go. For other PC gaming, not so much.
  7. C

    NVIDIA & Multi-display Gaming Editorial @ [H]

    Well, whatever the various issues are, if Nvidia will support triple monitors, bezel management, and have solid drivers for the 200 series, my GTX 285 SLI/X58 i7 setup will be sporting triple 120hz thin-bezel monitors soon, hopefully! My one hope is that Nvidia's "Surround" will support...
  8. C

    Eyefinity 3x24" vs. Dell 3007wfp-hc

    Thanks for all those pics, guys. IMO, Eyefinity in Landscape is a "gotta have" for Racing, Combat, and Flight Sims. However, also gotta have: In order of importance: #1 Thin-Bezel Monitors #2 Crossfire #3 Game Dev Support for FOV/Bezel Management #4 Reliable, Inexpensive DP/DVI...
  9. C

    I'm At My Wit's End...

    I'm beginning to suspect bad memory on my 280GTX SSC. I did a fresh Vista64 install and fresh 180.48 video drivers and put my SLI'd GTX8800's/w Zalman heatsinks/fans back in the X58 board. Machine tested OK, made sure everything was running cool, and i've been running games all day with no...
  10. C

    I'm At My Wit's End...

    I've used 2 different mobo's(58X and a 680i), 2 different CPU's(a 920 i7 and a x6800 core2), 2 different video cards(1 GTX 280 and 2 different GTX8800's), installed and re-installed Vista64SP1 Ultimate 4 times, ran overclocked and underclocked and factory clocked, swapped and re-swapped BIOS...
  11. C

    Driver issue

    I have the same problem. Difference is i have a 280GTX and an 8800GTX(for PhysX)and from a cold-boot i get "video driver is incompatible with one of the devices" and Windows loads a generic VGA driver labeling the 8800GTX correctly(but disabling it)but not identifying the 280GTX at all. I...
Back
Top