Recent content by Britgeezer

  1. B

    Closed.

    Bump and PM
  2. B

    WTB Cheap M2.SSD NVMe 500/512 +

    Don't need anything special or fast, doesn't need to be new. Minimum 500GB. It's just to run in an external enclosure to occasionally transfer and backup files. Shipped to NJ 07871. Thanks
  3. B

    Considering upgrade to Core Ultra 265k from i7-12700k

    https://hothardware.com/news/intel-cfo-says-intel-take-fight-amd-nova-lake
  4. B

    Arrow Lake Refresh

    Yes, but the Boss said they would follow AMD and keep the socket for 2-3 generations. Not much help for us invested in LGA 1851 https://hothardware.com/news/intel-cfo-says-intel-take-fight-amd-nova-lake
  5. B

    Close -- WTB AMD AM4 Ryzen - 5700G

    Title says it all. Interested to buy AMD Ryzen AM4-5700G to play around with. Just the CPU to 07871 BG
  6. B

    Those of you who have built more than once, what motherboard manufacturer(s) is the best in terms of longevity?

    Been building for 25 years, I've returned to Gigabyte after lackluster experience from ASUS & MSI . Currently using an ATX Aorus Elite with Intel Core ultra 7-265K and Aorus Micro ATX with AMD. I would say the board quality and feature list is very good for my purposes, but the BIOS support is...
  7. B

    CLOSED WTB AM4 Ryzen 5 - 5500 or similar -

    AM4 Ryzen9 - 5900X . I'm tracking selling costs on eBay and not sure if its worthwhile pulling and selling to buy something slower.
  8. B

    CLOSED WTB AM4 Ryzen 5 - 5500 or similar -

    I have more CPU power in my server than I need, and I'm looking for something like a Ryzen 5 5500 to be able to sell the existing CPU and help finance a GPU upgrade on my main PC. Only need the CPU, no box or fan. What do you have shipped to NJ 07871?
  9. B

    Hitachi SATA 60GB will not boot - suspect MBR damaged.

    No, the HD is not readable - Windows wants to format it since it doesn't recognize the file system.
  10. B

    Hitachi SATA 60GB will not boot - suspect MBR damaged.

    Thanks for the feedback Guys, #1 Son confirms the LT used Windows XP and I found an ISO of SP3. He is dropping the LT off to me (sometime) so I can see what I can do to make it boot.
  11. B

    Hitachi SATA 60GB will not boot - suspect MBR damaged.

    OK this HD is in an older Laptop my son uses to run some old programs. He thinks it was running Windows Vista or XP. He was trying to copy the disk and all went well until the very end and when it gave an error message and stopped. The drive is now on my workbench, using various HD analysis...
  12. B

    Sold: Upgrade W11 Home to Pro

    Sold Late night error ... purchased a W11 Home to Pro upgrade by mistake. It was a link from PC world via Stack Commerce. I know you can do Pro from the ISO with a fresh install, but I didn't want to bother.:facepalm: Found out the LT was Pro anyway... So anyone want to just do the in place...
  13. B

    Found

    In that case, a 5950x or another 5900x. I looked at a speed chart but it didn't tell me if it was AM4 or AM5.
  14. B

    Found

    I'm not much of a gamer, so single thread / core performance is of most interest. I figured you guys upgrading to AM5 might be willing to let go a good performing AM4 CPU. My current main use PC has a Ryzen 9 AM4 5900X and the occasional use / server a Ryzen 5 5600X, so I'd like to upgrade my...
Back
Top