It isn't something I would buy, but it does have a certain appeal.
It's not a bad looking case...
And besides, anything that's not a beige box is good.
I've always been a fan of Antec.
Their "Solution" line is around your budget. Or the Super Lanboy if you want lights and windows.
Both come with good quality psu's.
http://www.antec.com/us/pro_enclosures.html
Try this.
They even sell a refillable sprayer.
Dye seems really expensive. Are these prices typical?
btw, anyone seen/used this product?
http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote/auto/template.jsp?searchcode=n/a&product=Anodizit
Absolutely. It was an old monitor that had been sitting in the garage for a pretty long time, but I still took precautions. Opening up a monitor is never something to be done lightly as they can be lethal. :eek:
If anybody has seen a worklog of a project like that, i'd love to see it...
Even without the added holes. I've got the same case (with the brushed alum finish) and the front is completely open. Pretty dusty. Still love that case though.
I saw a case fan about a week ago that was perfect for a mod i'm working on, but for some reason didn't bother to bookmark the site.
Now i've been searching every mod site I can find but have been unable to locate it again.
Maybe someone here has seen it?
It's got a round shiny silver...
I'm in the middle of working on that very mod using a 15-inch monitor.
I've been looking around and hadn't seen anyone do it yet.
(the imac mod isn't the same thing, imo, since the imac case is actually *intended* to hold a computer)
Way to go on the "new" monitor!!
Indeed they would. The information would still be useful though, since once I knew what I was looking for I could try to find it someplace local. Messing around with rivets isn't something i've tried yet so anything I find at this point would increase my knowledge.
I will check out screwfix...
Since it isn't load-bearing, the 1/8th should be fine. The important thing is going to be the strength of the bonds.
I agree with you that the thinner material would look better, especially at that scale.
Keep us posted!