Recent content by bmx045

  1. B

    My iPod headphones broke.

    The phillips SHE9500, $30
  2. B

    proper volume for amp?

    set windows to 80% and wave at 80%, all other programs at full volume, and then externally control the volume through the amp.
  3. B

    Computer speakers, or home theater connect

    Well right now I'm running 2 bose series IV shelf speakers and inspire amp'ed sub(only 4" or so), all connected to a pioneer vsx-D710s receiver(pretty decent in my opinion). I need a sub upgrade.
  4. B

    Problem with my old Son MDR-D55's...

    where did you store the speakers?
  5. B

    Your music listening software

    WMP 11, and iTunes
  6. B

    Computer speakers, or home theater connect

    Okay well I'll be looking into upgrading my speakers, right now I have a digital connection from my audigy 4 to my pioneer home receiver which then power 2 bose series-4 shelf speakers, and a creative inspire 4.1 sub(through the receiver's sub preamp out rca line). So should I go for computer...
  7. B

    How do you folks manage volume, etc?

    The rule of thumb that I follow is keeping the system volume at 80%, all other winamp, WMP etc etc at full 100%. You generally don't want to max out the gain because of the problem of clipping. I keep the system volume anywhere between 50-80% and then use the speaker volume as the primary...all...
  8. B

    Digital question

    When I switch it to 96hz, I get nothing out of the receiver, nothing when I select direct, as well...
  9. B

    Digital question

    do you think it's better to adjust the equalizer and bass/treble through software EAX, rather than through the receiver?
  10. B

    Digital question

    I'm at a crossroad here, I'm not sure if I should use the Midnight, Loudness, Direct, or Nothing enhancing....I want the most full range of sound...
  11. B

    Digital question

    yeah, I was using a digital camera cable and the yellow rca, it was suppose to be the black, I swear I thought I did this. I didn't mean to say, mono 3.5mm, but moreso a stereo one but singling out the contacts via swapping which rca to use.
  12. B

    Digital question

    you were right, mono jack was needed. I just so happened to have a 3.5mm-to-dual rca handy which I was using 1 of those rcas, when infact it was the other rca that had the signal. Golden. now let me fool with this some more. tweaking things
  13. B

    Digital question

    Nope, nothing to do within EAX for THX. When I open EAX there are tabs for Effects, Karaoke, CMSS 3D, Clean-up, Time Scaling. This sucks. It's a frigin digital capable card...retail bought and can't find a damn thing in any of the software that pertains to digital settings. Only the creative...
  14. B

    Digital question

    I did not choose to install the media source...however I will right now.
  15. B

    Digital question

    I have the rear COAX Dig in (DVD) it says, lined right into the white jack on the sound card...okay so....I moved my analog inputs to the DVD/LD input on the receiver. So I'm on the DVD/LD function listening in analog right now, when I switch the signal select to digital I hear nothing (big...
Back
Top