Recent content by bm_00

  1. B

    Connect Aluminum to Copper Wire for PicoPSU?

    This very well could be nickel plated steel, or plain steel. I should try a magnet test and see next time I have the computer apart. Thank You
  2. B

    Connect Aluminum to Copper Wire for PicoPSU?

    Yes, that does make sense. The ability just may be beyond my skill and equipment as it may require the special flux and heat if it indeed is pure aluminum. Thank You
  3. B

    Connect Aluminum to Copper Wire for PicoPSU?

    In the few PSU's iv disassembled and worked with I have found that yes indeed some do use some alternatives to pure copper wire. I am leaning towards removing the aluminum and running pure copper once I improve my soldering skills. Thank You
  4. B

    Connect Aluminum to Copper Wire for PicoPSU?

    It could be which was my first assumption but it really does not appear to be copper after playing around with it some and judging by the gauge thickness. I will definitely take another look though once I take the computer back apart. Thank You
  5. B

    Connect Aluminum to Copper Wire for PicoPSU?

    Yes I know Aluminum isn't the well easiest to solder but Iv seen it done before and somewhat achieved it with some tiny wires on battery powered toys but would never attempt for something like this as way above my skill and patients level. Thank You
  6. B

    Connect Aluminum to Copper Wire for PicoPSU?

    I Have a 80 Watt PicoPSU with a 60 Watt 12v Power Adapter(Purchased as kit from Mini-box). Setup has been working just fine but I decided to extend the 2 wires for the 12v Input barrel jack as they were not quite long enough(stressed) and further made cable management a pain. The wires are...
Back
Top