Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
My guess is that you aren't even close to using 6GB let alone 16... Plus for video encoding you are much more limited by your 2600k @ 3.4 than with ram.
Overclock that beast... I hit 4.5 with ease...
As far as video editing I have no idea...
I can't say that is has long been fixed...
I recently bought a video card that could actually play it... and it was stuttering like crazy...
I disabled core parking, and the stuttering went away. I have a hunch that if your machine is GPU bound (and mine definitely is with my 6870), if your...