I kept checking newegg every hour or 2 all day. Had an EVGA in my cart at 3:00pm CST, logged into paypal (sold my 1080 to fund), went back to order, and not available. -.-
Then I got to back order the Asus, and you can't use paypal for backorders. Maybe I should just wait.... But using my old...
WD, HGST or Toshiba have great price/capacity and seem quite reliable.
Running special "NAS" drives is up to you, I run desktop drives in my server, but I can see why people pay more for the guaranteed performance.
I will not use/buy Seagate drives after all 5(!!!!!!!!!!!) of my 3TB Barracudas...
I will agree with everyone else that your CPU should be fine, especially if you overclock. TBH, as an added thought, you might be able to buy a used 3770k and then sell your 3570k for like $50 less, so in essence getting HT for $50, it could be worth a shot if you are trying to make the rest of...
As he said, an Rx480 8GB is your best bet for an under $300 AMD card at this time. I would recommend getting an AIB card instead of a reference card though, it will be much quieter and run cooler. Unless you have the rare use case where a blower cooler suits your setup.
Also, 32GB of ram is...
Have an i7-6700k, an Fx9590, and an Fx8320. Will definitely be buying a Zen/Ryzen within a month or 2 of release depending upon availability and price of 8c/16t part. Want to support AMD, and have been an AMD fan since the original Athlons.
Probably will be replacing the 9590 machine with Zen...
I am super excited for Ryzen, really hoping it gets Intel and AMD competing at the high end again. A Slot A athlon 700 was my *FIRST* cpu/motherboard I bought myself when I was like 13. Ran AMD cpus all the way to the Athlon 64s. I am excited about the prospect of a real CPU price war. Also...
Thanks for the reply, I have been looking around some more and seems my CPU temps are quite good, I just upped my OC on the i5 to 5.02 at 1.43v and its running 55c with intel burn test on maximum :) Maybe I am just looking for reasons to upgrade fans lol. And I dont have room for fan adaptors...
Hello, first post here ;)
Currently I have a NZXT switch 810 with a coolgate 420mm rad mounted in the top of the case with 3x140mm aerocool shark fins pushing (96 cfm) and 3x140mm prolimatech blue vortex pulling (87cfm). I have blowing air in a coolermaster 140mm fan in the rear spot, and 4 x...