Recent content by bdub

  1. B

    What are your thoughts on : Boston Acoustics Horizon MM226

    Boston Acoustics Horizon MM226 Multimedia 2.1 I have done a bit of research on this click 2.1 system under $100, and I keep coming across these. Any thoughts on them? Is there another 2.1 under $100 that are superior in sound. I listen to a lot of music and that's what they will be used for.
  2. B

    Help? Music lover looking for the best sound card under $100

    Thank you for your advice, I love to listen to music and i game on a regular basis. I looking to find a great sound card for music. I currently have a 2.1 system but, im about to invest in a 5.1 mid level speaker system. I have no clue what sound cards too look at. I want the best bang for...
  3. B

    New Build New OS vista 64 install

    I'm building a new machine this weekend and i am a bit unclear on the order of driver installs after the OS (vista 64) install. Would someone please help with a list in order from First to Last driver that should be installed and anything else that i may need to do after the the fresh OS...
  4. B

    Purple Display . Help

    wow no ideas so far. :(
  5. B

    Purple Display . Help

    Over the past 2 months i have had my screen turn completely purple 3 times while in-game. When i tab out to windows the screen turns completely black and the only thing i am able to see is the mouse cursor. I'm not sure what could be causing this and what i should look at first. Thanks for and...
  6. B

    Looking for quality 120mm LED case fans

    I searching for some 120mm LED case fans, Can anyone suggest some that push a lot of air and are also pretty quiet
  7. B

    OC e6750 temp concerns

    Well that is good news to hear, after making my prior post i decided to re seat my hsf once again b/c i was not happy with the temps i was getting at that voltage and fsb. After re seating it for the third time i noticed and 5 degree decrease in temps. Core 0 and 1 temps went from 63C to 57-58C...
  8. B

    OC e6750 temp concerns

    I use speedfan 4.33 and coretemp 0.97 at the same time when monitoring temps. Speedfan shows core 0 and 1 around 63-63 degrees C and coretemp is showing 43c to T-junction max at load running 2 instances for prime 95.
  9. B

    OC e6750 temp concerns

    I have been working on a oc for my e6750 however i feel that im producing temps that are higher than to be expected. I have it set at 3.2ghz with a voltage of 1.35. When running prime 95 i am getting load temps of 63 degrees C. It seems to me that they should be lower then this. I am using a...
  10. B

    Problem w/ temp monitoring software

    I have been working on a overclock for my system and i have been using speedfan to monitor my temps. However, today i downloaded everest and CPUID to make sure my temps were matching in each program. To my surprise i found almost everything matched up however there were 2 temps on CPUID and...
  11. B

    Best E8400 cooler for around $40?

    As mention in previous posts the Xigmatek HDT 1283 seems to be the best bang for the buck atm. You can check the tests of this http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=233&page=5 Simlar in design and size to the true120 and it performs on par w/ many top rated hsf for around half...
  12. B

    Fan upgrade for XIGMATEK HDT-S1283

    Thank you for your reply. It sounds like I have made a good decision on this heatsink. If it shows comparable results to a true 120 at more than half the price of a true 120 then i'm a happy camper. However i do wonder how much of a difference you would see if you put a higher performing fan on...
  13. B

    Fan upgrade for XIGMATEK HDT-S1283

    I have just purchased XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 I am wondering if the stock fan will provide enough air exchange or if a upgrade is needed for a mild OC on a C2D e6750 going for 3.2 - 3.4ghz. Please post any recommended fans that will work with this heat sink. Thank you for any help you are able to...
Back
Top