Recent content by awinnerisyou

  1. A

    Powering a QX6700 System

    Picked up the 620. Thanks so much, guys!
  2. A

    Powering a QX6700 System

    Thanks for the reply! Running SLI or crossfire isn't something I'm really into, so I think the 620 will work great for me. But is it worth spending a little extra to protect myself if I someday want to run a dual card setup? If so, what would I go for?
  3. A

    Powering a QX6700 System

    Hey, guys! I'm a little stumped on which power supply I'll need for my new QX6700, X1950XTX system (a couple of raptors, 4 gigs of ram, dvd drive, not much else). I'd like to get a supply with enough headroom to be able to run top flight GPUs two years from now. Is a 750 or 850 watt power supply...
  4. A

    Mired in Motherboardland: QX6700

    As virtualrain said, it sounds like there may be a 680i wide FSB overclocking issue with kentsfield, but it may just be the EVGA board. I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll leave it to the experts to explain. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for helping me out!
  5. A

    Mired in Motherboardland: QX6700

    That settles it then, p5W DH it is! I'll pick one up tomorrow. But before I stop bothering all of you, I have one last question: what kind of RAM would I need to hit that kind of FSB safely (or maybe a less...I don't need to overclock the hell out of it.)? I'm buying 4 gigs, so the uber stuff is...
  6. A

    Mired in Motherboardland: QX6700

    Thanks for your reply, Vanilla. It's interesting that you mention the 975. I'll look into it. I did notice that the 680i features a 1333 bus and the ASUS P5W DH supports a 1066 - will this be a problem for me if I want to overclock my 1066 bus QX6700? I guess I'm not seeing the advantage right...
  7. A

    Mired in Motherboardland: QX6700

    Hey guys, I've been looking through posts here and reading boards and I just can't quite figure out what to do - so I've come to appeal to the Hardforum masters! I've got a brand new QX6700 sitting here and no board to put it in, just 'cause I can't figure out which one to buy. I'm a big gamer...
Back
Top