• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by ApoxOnYou

  1. A

    Architecture PC build for sister at college.

    Actually, based on something Danny said in my monster thread led me to do some research and it got me remembering all this stuff I had forgotten over the years. Quadro/FireGL cards are generally only different from "consumer" cards in their drivers. One of the major problems I had with my...
  2. A

    Architecture PC build for sister at college.

    With programs like CAD, 3DSMax, etc, you have two different hardware issues to deal with. 1. Your viewport 2. Your renders Renders are made faster by having faster and more numerous processors to work. A video card has one job in 3d Applications and that is to make your view-port faster and...
  3. A

    $2,000 Monster Build

    I thought about that but since I am going to be upgrading the RAM to 24GB at the end of September, I figured it would be easier to just add more RAM rather than reinstall every one of my programs on a new SDD. Rebuilding a drive or formatting an OS is an event at my place. One last question...
  4. A

    $2,000 Monster Build

    After 12+ years of 3d and design work you end up with a LOT of little odds and ends you can't live without, hence the size of my extras. I am going to opt for the larger SSD. On the RAM issue, one of the first things I will be doing in the next few weeks is putting the RAM at 24GB. Is it...
  5. A

    $2,000 Monster Build

    Thanks a ton Danny. Quick question though. The reason I didn't pick a SSD for critical apps right off the bat is because my "critical apps" will far exceed 80GB. After the OS I have Adobe CS5 Master, 3d Studio Max 2010 and dozens of other programs with TONS (over 50GB) of plugins, scripts...
  6. A

    $2,000 Monster Build

    Hey guys. Not sure if it's kosher to make my first post here a call for help, but if it matters, I have been a lurker for years and years and you guys always deliver. So earlier today, my 4 year old machine died a horrible, horrible death and I figure it's time to get with the times. I...
Back
Top