Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
My friend tried this and we determined that all 3 drives are dead...
I guess lesson learned about the power supply. I'm looking into ways to get data recovery. I don't even know if they do that for ssd. This turned out to be quite costly. Need to buy 3 new drives and pay for data recovery as...
Finally got everything setup and loaded Windows installer. None of my 3 drives are being read. Really? Omg so I lost all that data. I had no idea drives were that fragile. Plugging a SATA power cable from another power supply and BAM, everything all dies at once...
Very sad panda right now...
Some more progress. I figured out the problem.
It was the SATA power cable. I was using one that came with my old power supply. Super dumb but now I learned something new; you can't do that. Super no bueno.
Now that everything is connected, it boots but the drives aren't being read. I really...
Hi. I am not overclocking and my video card is the rx480 sapphire
I have made some progess though. I read online to try plugging the components in one at a time to determine which hardware was causing the problem.
I did get the system to run with most the parts connected! Except one which was...
Hi guys. I need help :(
I put together all the parts and my computer won't turn on. I see my sapphire video card flash on and off when I press power. The green light on the mobo is on.
Is impossible that my power supply is too low? How powerful is 650w.
Thanks
Thank you guys for the very helpful advice and answering all my questions!!
I've never really heard of these prebuilts. Is there a way I can watch out for good ones that go on the discounts you mentioned ? Not entirely sure what would be recommended
Thank you all for the great input from everyone. I've noticed that a lot of you are mentioning power supplies. Does that mean the one I have in my signature will not be enough, or is this just theoretical discussion for the builds suggested.
Hi Hardforum!
I feel like it's time to upgrade my gaming PC. I've noticed that I've been struggling with FPS lately with current gen games, especially on higher settings. I'm pretty sure my bottleneck is my CPU, despite it being overclocked quite a bit. I'm assuming that means my mobo also...
Thanks for all the info.
Also in case anyone was interested with what happened, there's thankfully a happy ending. The freezer brought my HD back to life and I was able to extract all the data I needed off it :)
Hi all,
My hard drive crashed recently (D Drive). It's currently in the freezer for a final attempt at salvaging data (bc I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars). The only other hope is that on my other backup harddrive (E: drive),Windows Backup has been performed on it. It currently shows...
Thought you guys might like to know, I caved and played around with Wattman (AMD overclocking). I found a guide that was really helpful, and was able to stabilize my card at the following settings (in the attachment).
And the beautiful results in the second attachment :)
for reference...
I did get the ReEven Justice. You're right in that it looks like I can push my rig even further (either CPU/GPU or both). EasyTune6 has a third option which goes up to 4.47 ghz. I only went to "level 2" 4.22GHZ cause I didn't want to 'push my luck' so to speak and have my rig melt into a puddle...