• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by androsforever

  1. androsforever

    Samsung Odyssey 1440p VA monitors 240hz curved

    Here's my advice: put your trash can on top of the box AFTER it's been emptied of the amazing monitor that is the Samsung Odyssey G7! I've had my 27 inch for a few days and I am VERY pleased with it. Must have got lucky because I have NO backlight bleed, whereas every other VA or IPS I had...
  2. androsforever

    LG 48CX

    YES! Quick start+ almost made me claim a malfunction on my b6 panel because green vertical lines were appaering everywhere on the screen. Ever since I turned off Quick start + I never got this error again, and the tv starts up just as fast.
  3. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    For a second I was worried you were referring to me, didn't notice the link from New York above XD
  4. androsforever

    SOLD: Sony Trinitron GDM-FW900 CRT Monitor

    Thanks guys, I got an offer for about $1000, I think I'll let it go at that price.
  5. androsforever

    SOLD: Sony Trinitron GDM-FW900 CRT Monitor

    Bump, price too high? I am basing the price off the latest ebay sales. I'll accept lower though. $1900
  6. androsforever

    SOLD: Sony Trinitron GDM-FW900 CRT Monitor

    This legendary CRT Monitor needs no introduction on this forum. It's in perfect working order with great colors, brightness, contrast and that sought-after perfect motion resolution. Here is a video I just made to show the Monitor in perfect working condition: As reviewed by DigitalFoundry...
  7. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I've been getting the same results with the icy box, 2304x1440 at 79hz is stable, while 80hz has random mirroring effect. Found 1600x1000 at 96hz to provide very good sharpness and performance but will try more resolutions. So far very impressed with the display in competitive online shooter...
  8. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    So I got the Icy Box SPL1031 today but I didn't know it only takes input from minidp source (only minidp to minidp cable in the box) so now I need to get an adapter for that to use it with my 1080ti that has dp and hdmi outputs? edit: ordered minidp to dp cable, should get it tomorrow.
  9. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Thanks Derupter, between the icybox at 45€ and the delock at 105€ is it a safe bet to go with the icybox for similar performance?
  10. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    A little update on my situation, I plugged in my FW900 and it runs fantastic, the guy who previously had it before me did a great job in color calibration as well, I can see he finely tuned the settings under the color menu for 6500k. Now I went and bought this...
  11. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I found the DeLOCK 87685 for sale in my country at around 100 euros, from what I read in past posts it should be good, no?
  12. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Thanks for the info, I've looked for the Sunix DPU3000 but can't find it in the european area. Would the "YIWENTEC DVI VGA Adapter, Active DVI-D 24+1 to VGA Link Video Adapter Cable Converter" which is available in my country be sufficent to perform at a decent resolution?
  13. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I have a question, I have a 1080ti with 3 dp, 2 hdmi and 1 dvi-d outputs. I already have a VGA cable; which adapter should I choose out of the three to use with the fw900 to get maximum resolution and refresh rate?
  14. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Hahaha ok, you know what, I think it's time to make space for a third display in my bedroom: My lg 55 inch oled, 24 inch dell s2417dg and a soon to be resurrected Sony fw900! Btw the story is that I had sold the fw900 many years ago to a colorist that was traveling. When he moved back to the US...
  15. androsforever

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I just realized I have a Sony FW900 hidden away under my staircase from many years ago XD My main pc gaming display is a Dell s2417dg 165hz tn lcd. I am tempted to take the 2 ton beast into my bedroom but I am worried about the risk of radiation. How safe are these built? Could it have broken...
Back
Top