• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by AndrewK78

  1. A

    File Server question

    I think this is the appropriate place. Outside of the performance hit, Is there any good argument against having virus protection on file servers? I have always just done it, but am butting heads with a colleague on this. I want to tell him to shut up, but maybe I am missing or not seeing...
  2. A

    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Poster

    Take the emotion out of it and there are some points brought up worth discussing BUT I'd rather nerd out to new star wars
  3. A

    Intel Named a Most InDemand Employer

    I had it worked out under the table with my manager that when OT opened up again I would start claiming it. Then he got canned in the first round of layoffs. No paper trail no OT. Lesson Learned.
  4. A

    Intel Named a Most InDemand Employer

    If you can actually keep your job with HP its awesome. After my 2nd year there I had 5 weeks off paid per year. Good benefits, a slightly higher than industry average pay, and my team was awesome. Only drawback was no paid OT. I worked hundreds of hours off the clock. Stuff had to be done...
  5. A

    Jim Keller leaves AMD

    I don't think it's time for sky is falling, but there are quite a few ways this can be taken. If this guy is indeed a superstar wouldn't you at least want his name on the payroll? Just the simple subtraction of his name at a time like this is enough to raise eyebrows.
  6. A

    Next Gen rumor Addict

    I'm at least that cool if not more ;) Thanks for the linkage and responses
  7. A

    Next Gen rumor Addict

    So I'm one of the worst next gen rumor addicts alive. I've been off the rumors for a few months and the cravings are back. Any good leads on what to expect yet? Anyone throw me a few good links to read?
  8. A

    AT&T Changes ‘Unlimited’ Data Throttling Policy

    I live in the country and I have to do the same thing. Only other option is some crappy satellite for 124$ a month with 30gb data cap
  9. A

    HP Plans To Cut Another 25,000 To 30,000 Jobs

    There was another team that got the ax before mine did. Upgraded the network with the new team that had just come on board. Six month project was still a absolute disaster 18 months later when I left.
  10. A

    Fury X Overclocking

    He wants to down clock and and under volt his card. Seriously why are people caring what he wants to do?
  11. A

    HP Plans To Cut Another 25,000 To 30,000 Jobs

    There is nothing left to cut. The talent that hasn't been let go is leaving on their own. People that stay have zero job security, zero chance for raises/promotions, with all of the unfilled positions peoples workloads are insane, i could go on and on.
  12. A

    HP Plans To Cut Another 25,000 To 30,000 Jobs

    I was part of the previous round of cuts at HP. I got shipped off to a staffing company doing the same job for 50% less money and no benefits. Have since moved on, along with 90% of my team which was very big. The people that replaced us eventually make under 14$/hr in an enterprise IT role. The...
  13. A

    Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw

    1. yes 2. Wheres the fun with the preinstalled crap? Doesn't anyone miss the thrill of firing things up for the first time and praying you don't have a mini water part inside your rig?
Back
Top