Recent content by anaxagoris

  1. A

    ESXi Passthrough not activating

    I like how we both got conflicting information! Hopefully yours is correct, but i just ordered a pcie array controller last night.
  2. A

    ESXi Passthrough not activating

    from supermicro support, it's basically not possible:
  3. A

    ESXi Passthrough not activating

    lopoetve, Why is doing RDM Passthrough not a good idea? Also I just emailed super micro tech support, like EZStuff said if they get enough people complaining maybe they'll do something.
  4. A

    ESXi Passthrough not activating

    well I've had limited luck with KVM, i can access sas drives, but no sata drives. under both windows and linux. I've given up and am going to get an array controllen
  5. A

    ESXi Passthrough not activating

    Update: With linux KVM I am able to successfully pass through the c606 sas controller to windows 2012 server guest, after I load the drivers I can see the device and the hard drives attached! I can not see them in freenas beta guest with freebsd8.3 and what i believe to be the appropriate...
  6. A

    ESXi Passthrough not activating

    Has anyone made any progress with this on VMWare? I have a super micro x9dr3 ln4f+ with a c606 and the same issues As a test I managed to get the card to pass through on Linux KVM, to a freebsd guest however I could not see any of the drives attached to it. I'm going to try pass-through to a...
  7. A

    Looking for build advice for SC836e16

    i'm coming down from 4 and a half boxes. File server which is an hp server, it's got 8x 750 gb sata drives. It draws about 350 watts according to my killawatt. router: is a repurposed symantec firewall appliance ~100 watts Asterisk runs on an old laptop, sip in, sip out I have some voip...
  8. A

    Looking for build advice for SC836e16

    <functional requirements> Here are some boxes or functions I want to compress: Firewall/router running pfSense File Server with cifs/nfs interface (i'll probably migrate to zfs or unraid): will have at least 2 arrays 1 with high fault tolerance for irreplaceable data, 1 with low fault tolerance...
Back
Top