Recent content by alfador

  1. A

    Best Mod Ever

    definitely a [H]ard mod.
  2. A

    Zipping files with XP?

    7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) is a good free alternative.
  3. A

    change windows 2000 password

    The best way to get a clean installation of 2000 is to boot from the CD, and choose the option to format the disk in setup prior to installation. Black Viper has a guide to installing 2000 (http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/Install2kPro/install2kpro1.htm)
  4. A

    change windows 2000 password

    Shared access is given via user accounts on the serving (your win2k server) machine. If the drive is NFTS, it can be further restricted with NTFS permissions. What is the sharing security on the shared information? I mean, the specific users have access to it and so forth. I'm not sure how the...
  5. A

    change windows 2000 password

    Ahh ok. You need to set up the permissions for the shared resources. If you know what I'm talking about, give access to an account and change the password for that account with lusrmgr.msc. If not, here is a writeup on it. http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/FileSharing/Windows/win2kxp.html
  6. A

    installing winxp pro

    If they are like other manufacturers, they use that space for recovery files.
  7. A

    change windows 2000 password

    I think you do it the same way. On the server machine, change the password for the user that you want to logon with. Start > Run > lusrmgr.msc (that's an L)
  8. A

    Finding the Windows XP serial

    Not if he installs a retail version of XP. OEM and retail keys are not interchangable, I believe.
Back
Top