• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by agentnumber2

  1. A

    2.5" Hard Drive for Small Surveillence Application

    Hi Guys, I have a really tiny (5-camera) surveillance computer that is going in a very dusty area (needs to be a fanless setup). After doing the calculations, I can get away with 2TB of storage for ~ 15 days of recording. Instead of making the setup really ugly with external hard drives, I...
  2. A

    Dell PERC Card and Dell HBA

    Good morning all, I am looking to expand my fileserver at home, and I can't seem to find a solid answer for my question. I currently have a server with 2xPERC6e cards, going to an external enclosure with 16 hard drives. I want to do the following: Purchase a "Dell 6Gbps SAS HBA 8-Port External...
  3. A

    Intel C202/C204/C206 Raid/SSD mix question

    Hi guys, I have a few C202 builds that various clients want. What I want to do is the following: 1x60GB SATA3 SSD as the boot drive and 4 1TB drives in RAID10 as storage. Since there is only one chipset on the motherboard, I was wondering if putting the SSD as "RAID0" and the 4 1TB drives...
  4. A

    PERC6/e with SAS Expander setup

    Hi Gents, I have two PERC6/e's and I'm looking to expand my array with another 24 drives. Now, it would seem that I have some options, but I'm slightly confused and don't posess all the knowledge I would like before going out and purchasing more equipment. I would like to utilize my cards to...
  5. A

    Dell PERC6/E

    Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up one or two of these PERC6 cards and I was wondering if they have the same motherboard compatibility as the PERC5 boards. The RAID 6 is so much more appealing than the RAID 5 option for the data storage that I would like.
  6. A

    Rackmountable Home Media NAS

    I installed a 9U rackmount cabinet in my garage last year in order to not have to hear the humming of the computers/hard drives and to have a large area to dissipate heat (also helps in the winter when the garage is nice and cool). The specific problem I have is the depth... it's around 22"...
Back
Top