• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by adamsad1

  1. A

    What kind of heat reduction can I expect? HAF 922

    Currently have an old case with 1x120 and 4x80 fans and no cable management system, with a 6970 GPU and E8400 CPU (stock fan). Under load, not overclocked, the GPU usually runs in the low 80s, and the CPU runs in the mid 60s. If I overclocking the CPU to 3.825 GHz it gets into the low 70s under...
  2. A

    6950 vs 570 vs 570 HD?

    Well, due to a lack of reference 6950s (in either 1 or 2 gb models), I opted to go with a xfx 6970. $320 after rebates plus it comes with dirt 3, so it's still a pretty good deal. I would have liked to have gone with a 6950, but I'm just not comfortable blasting almost 80c air into my case...
  3. A

    6950 vs 570 vs 570 HD?

    I think you just took the last one. :p :( I can't seem to find another 6750 reference in stock (I'll just blame Bitcoin, lol). Any thoughts on whether how well my case would handle a non-reference design? (note that the 120mm exhaust fan sits directly above the graphics card slot. Also my cpu...
  4. A

    6950 vs 570 vs 570 HD?

    Thanks. Looks like I'll pick up an 6950. Unfortunately the XFX 6950 is a 1GB and not a reference card. Unfortunately there don't seem to be a lot of reference options out there, but I can get a MIS 6950 2G reference for $285, which is still 50 bucks less than a 570 reference. I'll keep an eye...
  5. A

    6950 vs 570 vs 570 HD?

    Oh, and my monitor is 1080p.
  6. A

    6950 vs 570 vs 570 HD?

    I'm looking to replace my 9800 GX2. It's been overheating lately and I can't seem to fix the problem (replaced thermal paste and spayed it out with compressed air), and it's getting a bit old anyway. I'm comparing the XFX 6950 ($240 after rebates), EVGA 570 SC ($330 after rebates, or $320 for...
  7. A

    Samsung PX2370 -- desktop overflowing sides

    Hmm. Interestingly the desktop's Nvidia control panel doesn't show 1920x1080 as a PC option -- only as a HD/SD option. All the PC resolutions work fine, but the highest PC resolution is 1680 x 1050 on HDMI (yet 1920x1080 shows up using DVI). I tried changing it through Windows Display Settings...
  8. A

    Samsung PX2370 -- desktop overflowing sides

    I just picked up a Samsung PX2370 for use with my desktop and work laptop. Using the DVI cable to my desktop (Nvidia GX2 graphics card) works fine, but if I use the HDMI hookup the desktop flows over the edge of the screen by quite a bit (the Start Menu is no longer visible). I can decrease the...
Back
Top