Recent content by 007webgod

  1. 0

    X-540s

    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1378980
  2. 0

    Budget speakers and soundcard for music

    Exchanged the 540's for the 2300's. I'm liking these a lot more. They're like my old Altec Lansing's except with a little more punch. They have a huge ass subwoofer that can really put out the bass. I had to shell out another $50 as these were a whopping $149.99 at Best Buy - overpriced in...
  3. 0

    Computer Speakers - 5.1 does not mean better!

    I'd want to keep it under $500 total. That's including everything, cabling, add ons, tax, shipping, etc. No neighbors to consider. Loud is good. Bass is good. Don't want ear screeching tin can sound with a bass dial to cover it up like these X-540's. No space constraints really...
  4. 0

    Budget speakers and soundcard for music

    Will do. Gonna try to get over to best buy today or tomorrow and exchange these for the Z-2300's.
  5. 0

    Computer Speakers - 5.1 does not mean better!

    I don't think that's the case as the speakers seem to work fine with gaming and I am able to get them to sound good with most mp3's. Also, I had my old speakers hooked up to the sound card and they worked fine. However, the streaming video and youtube issue was odd. I think it's just these...
  6. 0

    Computer Speakers - 5.1 does not mean better!

    Chill out there buddy. :) I wish I had done more research before buying but didn't really think it necessary. My Altec Lansing's I bought 15 years ago were bought at Staples for $40 with no research whatsoever. I've been extremely happy them. I made the assumption that a higher number...
  7. 0

    Budget speakers and soundcard for music

    You might want to read my little review on the X-540's. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1378980 I literally just bought these and have been trying to like them for the past few days but it just ain't happening. If you want music quality then these are not the way to go IMHO. I...
  8. 0

    Computer Speakers - 5.1 does not mean better!

    First, I don't know jack when it comes to all the tech stuff with speakers. However, I'll throw in my .02 cents here from my own personal experience. I recently replaced a 15 year old set of Altec Lansing ACS 33 speakers connected directly to the motherboard with some Logitech X-540 5.1...
Back
Top