The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

kyvhy66

mvmiller12

I have quite a few EK Supremacy block parts. Can you take pictures of your blocks and the exact models? Like Supremacy EVO? I'm pretty sure I have AMD parts too, because my EK blocks were only installed on Intel CPU's. I got EK tops / bottoms / mid plate mounting brackets / backplates / thumb screws....

1691458457158.png

1691458473750.png

1691458486900.png

1691458498937.png

1691458509158.png

Last edited:
Long shot, but I am trying to do an in-place PC upgrade for a church. Their needs are modest, but I am looking to update it to something somewhat... less anemic. It currently has 4G of DDR3 RAM and a Pentium G2030 in it. Looking for 2xDDR3-8G RAM sticks (1333 or 1600 supported, speed doesn't really matter) and a Core i7-3750 or -3770 CPU. These, combined with a small SATA SSD will make this machine VERY nice for the office work they do with it.
Have you found these items yet? I believe I have the cpu and memory buried in my storage if ya still need them.
Sorry 2X4Gig 1600 Team Vulcan but the 3770 cpu should work. Need a micro board for the build I can include it as well as the stock heat sink.

Last edited:
Have you found these items yet? I believe I have the cpu and memory buried in my storage if ya still need them.
Sorry 2X4Gig 1600 Team Vulcan but the 3770 cpu should work. Need a micro board for the build I can include it as well as the stock heat sink.
If he doesn't need it, I could make use of all that for someone if you don't mind.

Last edited:
The board cpu memory and heatsink are on offer here so if ya wanna pay shipping it's all yours if mv miller doesn't respond in a day or two. My wife said get rid of all this stuff so there will be more soon.

Yeah, I'll take it - that PC could still be comfortably used with those upgrades...

Dell R710 2u server. Dual Xeon x5675 IIRC. Optical drive replaced with 2.5" holder, no RAM, but DDR3 is practically free nowadays.
Also have a MD1000 drive array.
Local pickup in the 20147 area.

That would be perfect for my church project, and I am considering the 3 hour drive each way from Newport News to do this. If they are still available in a couple of days, after I talk to some folk, I will get back with you on it.

Edit: Well, THAT was quick. I'd love to take both off of your hands, but will be unable to make the drive to do so until next weekend. You got PM.

Edit 2: Thank GOD that IM chat thingy is gone...

Last edited:
The person-to-person message size limit is only 420 characters, so I'll post it here. I'm planning on picking up the server stuff from Fenris_Ulf and this is the plan:

This stuff is going into the archives at the church my wife works part-time at. My wife is the archivist there (Masters in Library Information Services with an Archives cert), but she only works there part time because that is all they can afford her for. Until last year, everything has been running off of a 2013 iMac, and even running Linux that was woeful. My Mrs. has pushed for some much-needed infrastructure upgrades for their data storage (a lot of video and audio data, all kept on CD-R and DVD-R media, as well as a lot of printed material that is now being scanned), but budget for archives is very limited. They've since gotten a new Desktop Core i7 12th gen machine to run their new book/newspaper scanner, but the PC and book scanner was a big dip into their operating budget. They need more. I did some upgrades to the iMac (Linux for one thing - thanks to the experience I gained with the hardware I got off of GiGaBiTe), and cobbled together a couple of other desktop workstations (older machines, but plenty performant enough with some RAM and SSD upgrades which are cheap and easy, also thanks kyang357). The goal is to hook these PCs up to the server via GigE for redundant local data storage (mirrored arrays) and back up all of that to a cloud provider (probably BackBlaze). I would * prefer * to also have a locally accessible off-site backup, but that is WAAAYYYYY out of budget. The HDDs they are going to need to populate the arrays are going to eat up almost all of the money they have put aside for this, so I can't turn down free hardware of this caliber. It doesn't have to be the most performant solution on the planet, but reliability is key. We can definitely scrape money for some DDR3 RDIMMs. :)

While used computer equipment is fine, I insist on new drives for the actual data storage. Honestly, I have a Dell R515 in my homelab that has been ticking along for years with just-below-100% uptime (I mean, it's gotta reboot for software updates SOMETIMES). I also have an HP DL360 gen8 1U system in my homelab, but the Dell server is simply better in almost every way. Server grade backend storage really is something else, and my experience with the older Dell PowerEdge stuff has been nothing short of fantastic (my cousin also runs a homelab, and he has 2 other PowerEdge servers).

Would anyone have any 8gb dvd recordable discs that they no longer use? i'm willing to trade of my 4.7gb discs for like 5-10 discs.
Crap! Just checked and I've got a new spool Maxell (25pak) of 4.7's. I thought it was 8. Sry bub. GL

If anybody needs, pm me for shipping

The person-to-person message size limit is only 420 characters, so I'll post it here. I'm planning on picking up the server stuff from Fenris_Ulf and this is the plan:

This stuff is going into the archives at the church my wife works part-time at. My wife is the archivist there (Masters in Library Information Services with an Archives cert), but she only works there part time because that is all they can afford her for. Until last year, everything has been running off of a 2013 iMac, and even running Linux that was woeful. My Mrs. has pushed for some much-needed infrastructure upgrades for their data storage (a lot of video and audio data, all kept on CD-R and DVD-R media, as well as a lot of printed material that is now being scanned), but budget for archives is very limited. They've since gotten a new Desktop Core i7 12th gen machine to run their new book/newspaper scanner, but the PC and book scanner was a big dip into their operating budget. They need more. I did some upgrades to the iMac (Linux for one thing - thanks to the experience I gained with the hardware I got off of GiGaBiTe), and cobbled together a couple of other desktop workstations (older machines, but plenty performant enough with some RAM and SSD upgrades which are cheap and easy, also thanks kyang357). The goal is to hook these PCs up to the server via GigE for redundant local data storage (mirrored arrays) and back up all of that to a cloud provider (probably BackBlaze). I would * prefer * to also have a locally accessible off-site backup, but that is WAAAYYYYY out of budget. The HDDs they are going to need to populate the arrays are going to eat up almost all of the money they have put aside for this, so I can't turn down free hardware of this caliber. It doesn't have to be the most performant solution on the planet, but reliability is key. We can definitely scrape money for some DDR3 RDIMMs. :)

While used computer equipment is fine, I insist on new drives for the actual data storage. Honestly, I have a Dell R515 in my homelab that has been ticking along for years with just-below-100% uptime (I mean, it's gotta reboot for software updates SOMETIMES). I also have an HP DL360 gen8 1U system in my homelab, but the Dell server is simply better in almost every way. Server grade backend storage really is something else, and my experience with the older Dell PowerEdge stuff has been nothing short of fantastic (my cousin also runs a homelab, and he has 2 other PowerEdge servers).
I have the RAM. I have 8 and 16 gig sticks. How many do you need?

Anyone have either an old LGA1150 board, or an 8GB stick of DDR3 ram? The board I have has 2 DIMM slots, and one of them crapped out.

Local pickup in CT - New Haven area - I don't have packaging to ship

Fractal Design Define R4, pretty sure it's complete. Minor paint chips on a couple panel corners. Front panel concealing the filter doesn't latch completely on top left corner.

Corsair CX500 PSU

If anyone has a 16GB DDR3 kit (2x8 or 4x4) or the control pod for a Klipsch PM 2.1 (older, wired), please let me know. The memory would be for a friend I gave a Z87 board and other bits, they have some memory but the board halts on a memory error. The control pod would be to see whether or not it's my amp or the control pod going on my PM set.

Looking for:
  • Intel i5-3470T 35W TDP Socket 1155 CPU ? I tried to buy one for $9 shipped on eBay, but their checkout system is BROKEN and won't let me check out and pay :rolleyes:
  • Two 8GB DDR3 RAM sticks.

Up for grabs (Just pay S&H):
  • Five Intel Core i3 2120 Socket 1155 CPU's.

Claimed:

mSATA 120GB Mushkin SSD (NOT m.2 form factor, this is mSATA). Claimed 8.25.2023

Last edited:
I have a Dell 0J3C2F LGA 1155/Socket H2 with 8GB DDR3 (2x2gb and 1x4gb) running an i3-2105 @ 3.1GHz, plus heatsink/fan and power/reset switches. May have a 2.5" HDD I can include also and if you need it, maybe a generic ATX PSU.

Last edited:
Anyone have a lenovo ac adapter, I guess they call them smart tip? I have a thinkpad 13" that calls for a 45w or better charger but doesn't seem to take a charge from my usb c charger.

It takes up to 18 sticks in groups of 6.
Unless you're using 32GB 4Rx4 modules, then it is limited to 12 modules (384GB). I've got mine loaded with 16x18 (288GB) and memory can be found cheap at under 20cents/gb shipped. Just gotta keep your eyes open.

Anyone have a lenovo ac adapter, I guess they call them smart tip? I have a thinkpad 13" that calls for a 45w or better charger but doesn't seem to take a charge from my usb c charger.
You talking about the square tip?

That's the one
It's going to be hard for anyone to beat the prices for used ones on ebay like this one for $8 shipped:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/354963208465

But if you are interested in something new, these open box deals at CDW are pretty good at $20 and $30 + shipping since they'll have a full warranty:
https://www.cdw.com/product/pcw-lenovo-thinkpad-ultra-docking-station/7506818?pfm=srh - power supply included with docking station
https://www.cdw.com/product/lenovo-slim-tip-power-adapter-230-watt/7516636?pfm=srh - 230w power supply so all you'll ever need.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's going to be hard for anyone to beat the prices for used ones on ebay like this one for $8 shipped:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/354963208465

But if you are interested in something new, these open box deals at CDW are pretty good at $20 and $30 + shipping since they'll have a full warranty:
https://www.cdw.com/product/pcw-lenovo-thinkpad-ultra-docking-station/7506818?pfm=srh - power supply included with docking station
https://www.cdw.com/product/lenovo-slim-tip-power-adapter-230-watt/7516636?pfm=srh - 230w power supply so all you'll ever need.

I was just about to mention the same thing. Let's say someone on H has one, a USPS small flat rate box cost $9 a whopping dollar more than getting one from eBay. Best part is if it doesn't work you could always hold them accountable and get another.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was just about to mention the same thing. Let's say someone on H has one, a USPS small flat rate box cost $9 a whopping dollar more than getting one from eBay. Best part is if it doesn't work you could always hold them accountable and get another.
Yeah and sometimes you find ridiculous deals like once I got 2x Dell ones for $11 shipped. Inventory space means a lot to the big recyclers so sometimes they're just blowing them out to make the space. I missed out on a 10x for $50 lot because I hesitated for no reason. :(

The other place I've gotten them for dirt cheap is thrift stores for 99 cents.

Reactions: 404
like this
The following items are free. I will cover shipping costs as well if you've been on the forum for 10years+ or 1000+ posts. heatware 44-0-0. I can meet up if you're near 02038.

WANTED:

I'm looking for an LGA 775 stock intel cooler, or something of similar profile.

OFFERING: - EVERYTHING CLAIMED -
  • ATi Rage 128 Ultra AGP
  • NVIDIA Riva TNT NV999 AGP (Visiontek)
  • ASUS 7600GS Silent 256MB AGP
  • XFX NVIDIA GeForce 5200 PCI
  • Creative Sound Blaster SB0670 (I haven't tested this, I couldn't find a working driver)
  • PCIe USB3, eSATA, SATA controller
  • PCIe eSATA, SATA controller
  • Adaptec ASC-29320A SCSI controller (includes SCSI cable and adapter)
  • ASUS PCE-AX3000 WIFI6 controller CLAIMED
  • Bitspower PCIe 3 extension cable (I have 2 of these) One of them I had to sand down the plastic bit, it still works. These will be sent together incase the modified one doesn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_5163.JPG
    IMG_5163.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5165.JPG
    IMG_5165.JPG
    511.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5166.JPG
    IMG_5166.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The following items are free. I will cover shipping costs as well if you've been on the forum for 10years+ or 1000+ posts. heatware 44-0-0. I can meet up if you're near 02038.

WANTED:

I'm looking for an LGA 775 stock intel cooler, or something low profile that can fit in small case.
How low profile? is a stock style cooler ok? I have one of those I think but they are readily had on ebay for less than it would cost me to ship.

WANTED:

I'm looking for an LGA 775 stock intel cooler, or something low profile that can fit in small case.

OFFERING:
  • ATi Rage 128 Ultra AGP
  • NVIDIA Riva TNT NV999 AGP (Visiontek)
  • ASUS 7600GS Silent 256MB AGP
  • XFX NVIDIA GeForce 5200 AGP
  • Creative Sound Blaster SB0670 (I haven't tested this, I couldn't find a working driver)
  • PCIe USB3, eSATA, SATA controller
  • PCIe eSATA, SATA controller
  • Adaptec ASC-29320A SCSI controller (includes SCSI cable and adapter)
  • ASUS PCE-AX3000 WIFI6 controller CLAIMED
  • Bitspower PCIe 3 extension cable (I have 2 of these) One of them I had to sand down the plastic bit, it still works. These will be sent together incase the modified one doesn't work.
What's that card at the top left that looks like is it PCI? I would be interested in a PCI graphics adapter...

PICS:
View: https://imgur.com/a/o9jcQkG

I have a Surface Tablet (model 1516) 32gb with keyboard cover and charger, meant to make a photo frame for my wife but now since MS killed updates it has become more difficult to do what I want. Capitalize on my lazy and take it for free.
The catch is you have to take this dell combo too so I don't feel bad. I got it here as a freebie I think and have since upgraded. I only used it for a minecraft server for my kids but now I use a small book PC.

Someone wanted the dell so now you don't have to take it.
Dell 0J3C2F LGA 1155/Socket H2 with 8GB DDR3 (2x2gb and 1x4gb) running an i3-2105 @ 3.1GHz, plus heatsink/fan and power/reset switches.

Easiest way for this to ship is probably gonna be flat rate USPS.

Gone to MooCow

Last edited:
PICS:
View: https://imgur.com/a/o9jcQkG

I have a Surface Tablet with keyboard cover and charger, meant to make a photo frame for my wife but now since MS killed updates it has become more difficult to do what I want. Capitalize on my lazy and take it for free.
The catch is you have to take this dell combo too so I don't feel bad. I got it here as a freebie I think and have since upgraded. I only used it for a minecraft server for my kids but now I use a small book PC.

Easiest way for all of this to ship is probably gonna be flat rate USPS.

sent PM

Back