The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Long shot I know, anyone have a PATA SSD for a very old laptop (Dell c610) or PATA to SATA adapter? its 44 pin I believe. Or possibly CF to PATA adapter.

Last edited:
If anyone has the rubber gasket for an EK waterblock, I'll gladly pay shipping for it. From the EK Supremacy line and possibly others, looks like this:

supremacy_backplate_1.jpg

Long shot I know, anyone have a PATA SSD for a very old laptop (Dell c610) or PATA to SATA adapter? its 44 pin I believe. Or possibly CF to PATA adapter.
CF to PATA adapter is best in this situation. Startech makes a pretty good one that's still available for like $10 at CDW:
https://www.cdw.com/product/startec...kwcid=AL!4223!3!198550684953!!!g!329550103630!

Just saw that provantage also carries them for a hair over $9 and generally their shipping is cheaper even though it takes much longer:
https://www.provantage.com/startech-ide2cf~7STR9164.htm

Last edited:
I'm running a 1366 platform machine. I was running 6x2 DDR3 triple channel ram (1600) and a stick went out. Would any one have some of this that they would like to part with? Thanks.

Is that the one that goes on the back of the board? I might have one let me look for it.
Yes. If you happen to have any other hardware for a Supremacy block, I need the Intel backplate and screws if you happen to find them. But the gasket mainly. Thanks!

I'm running a 1366 platform machine. I was running 6x2 DDR3 triple channel ram (1600) and a stick went out. Would any one have some of this that they would like to part with? Thanks.

Are you sure it's the stick? LGA1366 was notorious for memory channels dropping out. I got three LGA1366 servers and they all have problems with memory channels acting flaky.

Are you sure it's the stick? LGA1366 was notorious for memory channels dropping out. I got three LGA1366 servers and they all have problems with memory channels acting flaky.

I just recently picked up a 1366 system. P6T w/ i7-950, 3x4gb sticks, H70, Cooler Master HAF 922 w/ Cooler Master 1200w psu

Yes, it wouldn't boot so I took it in to a good shop here in town. He tested all six sticks and found one bad one. It's running on 5 now, but I'd like to get a replacement and maybe a spare. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Hey buschman, you got the same case that I have. It has good air flow, you'll like it. They told me that it was better on the memory controller to just populate every other slot, so maybe I'll look for some 4gb sticks. Still looking!

Yes, it wouldn't boot so I took it in to a good shop here in town. He tested all six sticks and found one bad one. It's running on 5 now, but I'd like to get a replacement and maybe a spare. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Hey buschman, you got the same case that I have. It has good air flow, you'll like it. They told me that it was better on the memory controller to just populate every other slot, so maybe I'll look for some 4gb sticks. Still looking!

yrs ago i had bought a system that was in the HAF 932 case and that mofo was heavy. I got rid of it and will do the same with this one. Heavy cases are not for me.

yrs ago i had bought a system that was in the HAF 932 case and that mofo was heavy. I got rid of it and will do the same with this one. Heavy cases are not for me.

Put it in your home gym, it will save you money on buying weights.

Put it in your home gym, it will save you money on buying weights.

Hey the only weight lifting i'm doing is my bottle of Coors light to my mouth. Hey if anyone is in the Clayton co/Atlanta area want the HAF 922 for cheap hit me up on pm

Last edited:
More items from an A-i-O pc teardown:

nVidia GeForce GT230M PCI-Express 2.0 1GB MXM
hp pn: 608545-001 rev: md2

2 fans and a heatsink, which covers both the GPU and CPU

802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wireless Half Mini Card
hp pn: 588551-001

Attachments

• 20230730_173253.jpg
    20230730_173253.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230730_173034.jpg
    20230730_173034.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230730_172835.jpg
    20230730_172835.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sing to 'Baby's Got Back':

I like big case and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny
With a big case in your face
You have some fun
With the nas you run
Even if it weighs a ton.
It says, use me, use me
put all your drives in to me...

Anyone want a good condition Garmin 42LM auto gps? Complete with car charger, mount and bean bag. I just updated it to the latest map.
I'd love to have this--costs $100 to update the maps in the one in the car. PM me and I'll reply once the PM system works again. (y)

PMs should work just fine. The main difference is that they act as real time messages now.
yea i sort of like it. when hardware swap went to discord, the messaging system is the same way in real time. u can see the person typing the message

Asus M4A7BT-E Mobo, AMD Phenom II X2 545, stock cooler and 12gb DDR3 1600 ram. My son used it to play with Linux on but he hasn't touched it in some time.

Also have eleven 1/2/4/16GB SD cards. Consists of one 1gb, one 2gb, seven 4gb and two 16gb. Take all, i'm not shipping one here and there.

Last edited:
I could use this in an older system I have. :) yhpm! (actually, you will have pm once they start working again)
I got some notification of a message you sent, but I don't see the message. Last message I see is the one where I sent the tracking number for the psu

edit: I just sent a test message in our existing conversation about the psu... and it didn't show up. I think that conversation might be stuck?

Last edited:
PMs should work just fine. The main difference is that they act as real time messages now.
I can't even get that page to come up on anything I've got. I'll try some other browsers and see if I have any luck.

Also have eleven 1/2/4/16GB SD cards. Consists of one 1gb, one 2gb, seven 4gb and two 16gb. Take all, i'm not shipping one here and there.
I'll take these SD cards when I can PM--was actually looking for some recently so works out great. :)

I got some notification of a message you sent, but I don't see the message. Last message I see is the one where I sent the tracking number for the psu

edit: I just sent a test message in our existing conversation about the psu... and it didn't show up. I think that conversation might be stuck?
Thank you for sending me a message to test it out! I think you're right that something got borked for some of us during the update: :(
https://hardforum.com/threads/error-trying-to-open-messages.2029667/#post-1045701392

No, the PM system DOES NOT WORK FINE. It's utter dogshit.

You can't send messages with payment information, shipping addresses or even web URL links because the PM system DELETES THEM WHEN YOU SEND THEM.

I want the old system back. Why do web developers feel the need to try and fix things that work perfectly fine into a landfill fire of garbage?

Last edited:
I want the old system back. Why do web developers feel the need to try and fix things that work perfectly fine into a landfill fire of garbage?
:D dude, I love you. I won't go to the front firing line, but I'll gladly stand behind you. :D Funny thing is I wanted to PM you about something--guess where that ended up?

Last edited:
If anyone wants a cable modem that only support up to DOCSIS 2.0, I have one. Just pay shipping.

Model: Linksys CM100. Comes with its own power adapter.

Any chance someone owns a PL360 and isnt using the LGA 1700 kit? I need the screws from the back motherboard bracket that help clamp the pump head in place. I'd be happy to buy them off you as CM apparently doesnt make them outside of that box.

1691097448349.png

Last edited:
Yes. If you happen to have any other hardware for a Supremacy block, I need the Intel backplate and screws if you happen to find them. But the gasket mainly. Thanks!
Yeah let me look, I hope I didn't throw them out. I should have a few old EK block parts...

Back