Starcraft 2 Battle Report #3 is out.

Those force fields are overpowered. I wonder if they will make it to retail.

why do I enjoy these? I hate RTS, I totally disliked Starcraft.

It's so cheesy to have a game played this way but I have to watch,

Wow, the download of the video is so much better in quality. In fullscreen, it is almost like I am playing the game. :)

Wow, the download of the video is so much better in quality. In fullscreen, it is almost like I am playing the game. :)

ya the embedded player audio is choppy as all hell and will pause itself for no reason. Dling the vid now..

I'm just increasingly convinced that those of us who are slowpokes are going to get raped in MP--and I'm not talking clumsily date-raped, I'm talking "bring out the gimp" and full-on ball gags--by the hardcore high-APM crowd. :(

Holy crap I've never been a fan of Starcraft but that was pretty exciting. The graphics are just insane compared to the old one, but that did come out in 1998.

Watching this one made me want to watch the first two battle reports.. Never really been in the starcraft loop but this all seems pretty cool.

Last edited:
man, a good warcraft 3 game makes my heart pump and my legs go numb. But I imagine a scII game would be way too intense for me lol.

Those force fields are overpowered. I wonder if they will make it to retail.

They don't seem overpowering to me since choke points don't matter to air units.

Man, I can't wait for this game. I hope their servers will be strong enough to handle the multitudes of people that will be attempting to play online on release day.

Also, does the colossus remind anybody else of the Darkwalker in UT3?

Awesome BR I really need to get my beta invite already :D. Invites should be coming out soon so opt in if you can guys.

*Battle report spoiler, :D *

Glad you guys like it. The Zerg just hasn't had the proper players yet, or perhaps they're somewhat underpowered at the moment, because every single game I've seen with Zerg has had them losing. Not just two out of the three Battle Reports with them in it, but also unofficial games that were recorded at events. Was hoping this one would have them winning, they have a special place in my heart. :(

I hope their servers will be strong enough to handle the multitudes of people that will be attempting to play online on release day.

Also, does the colossus remind anybody else of the Darkwalker in UT3?

The internets will die on this day...

*Battle report spoiler, :D *

Glad you guys like it. The Zerg just hasn't had the proper players yet, or perhaps they're somewhat underpowered at the moment, because every single game I've seen with Zerg has had them losing. Not just two out of the three Battle Reports with them in it, but also unofficial games that were recorded at events. Was hoping this one would have them winning, they have a special place in my heart. :(

That guy playing was definitely a bit weak. Obviously I don't know for certain, but that guy wasn't too smart with his Zerg Rush. He knew exactly where they were, but he still waited til he had like 8 guys before he rushed in? If it's anything like the first the Zerglings are cheap and quick to pop out. He should have had two go in and kill half the Protoss' miners before he created the force-field dudes.

That's as far as I've watched though because I'm at work :p

Ugh, that video reminds me why I only play SP and botmatches with friends. Tactics like worker harrassing and build-blocking are so fucking cheesy and boring and just not fun.

Ugh, that video reminds me why I only play SP and botmatches with friends. Tactics like worker harrassing and build-blocking are so fucking cheesy and boring and just not fun.

What's funny is that it was the Protoss worker harrassing instead of the Zerg player. If you know where the enemy is, definitely harrass with some zerglings. It's pretty damn effective and can win you the game quickly if you get some lucky kills. (SC1... assuming somewhat the same in SC2)

Guy sucked at Zerg rush :p

What's funny is that it was the Protoss worker harrassing instead of the Zerg player. If you know where the enemy is, definitely harrass with some zerglings. It's pretty damn effective and can win you the game quickly if you get some lucky kills. (SC1... assuming somewhat the same in SC2)

I'm not denying the effectiveness of such tactics, I just think it's a boring way to play. The cheesy worker tactics, that is. Zergling rush is pretty cheese too but at least zerglings are real attack units.

Alot has changed since the 2 minute zergling rush you're talking about. Pro Zerg these days go 12 hatch expo, which means zerglings usually come out at the 4-5 minute mark. Both Protoss and Terran with enough micro can keep their initial scout worker alive even with zerglings chasing it, until the zerglings have speed researched. The game has evolved well beyond the "If only he rushed him better" game.

You see how the probe was harassing the drone trying to expand? That's all typical of PvZ play these days.

I didn't think it looked all that appealing. Mainly because it didn't look like they improved all that much from SC1. It looked the same to me just on a much higher resolution, there weren't any real nice attack animations or explosions etc. just the same old. Most of the units looked the same just different names. I dunno, guess i'll just have to wait and see. Just looked like more of the same old to me.

To the OP thanks for the video anyways, i'm not trying to bash your thread just stating my opinion :)

I didn't think it looked all that appealing. Mainly because it didn't look like they improved all that much from SC1. It looked the same to me just on a much higher resolution, there weren't any real nice attack animations or explosions etc. just the same old. Most of the units looked the same just different names. I dunno, guess i'll just have to wait and see. Just looked like more of the same old to me.

To the OP thanks for the video anyways, i'm not trying to bash your thread just stating my opinion :)

For some people (including me) that is a good thing. The game is already great, why change it? add a little to it and improve the graphics so we can play it in widescreen. Good enough for me. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

For some people (including me) that is a good thing. The game is already great, why change it? add a little to it and improve the graphics so we can play it in widescreen. Good enough for me. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it I suppose. I would love it they just remade D2 with better graphics and same everything else.

this is going to come off more as an insult, but you only playing SP and botmatches has a lot more to do with lack of skill than worker harrassment & building walls being "cheesy"

this is going to come off more as an insult, but you only playing SP and botmatches has a lot more to do with lack of skill than worker harrassment & building walls being "cheesy"

This is going to come off more as an insult, but you're completely ignorant as to why I only play SP and botmatches - I enjoy it more. The hyper-competitive "win at all costs" nature of battle.net is simply not enjoyable to me. I'm more than capable of learning and mastering such tactics if I wanted to, but I'd rather, y'know, ENJOY playing the game :rolleyes:

If other people enjoy themselves playing online and being click-masters who blow through matches in 10 minutes by using strategies like that, more power to them. I don't find such wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am gameplay to be all that rewarding.

Lol I was going to say this. Hell I would love to ebay more occy rings on D3 if I had the chance though :D

Those were crazy days in D2. Occy rings, white rings, white gloves, iths, hexing small charms of immolating arrow, 6 socket windforce, wizard spike gloves! There was a ton of creativity in the sheer amount of hacked items that existed.

hex.jpg

This is going to come off more as an insult, but you're completely ignorant as to why I only play SP and botmatches - I enjoy it more. The hyper-competitive "win at all costs" nature of battle.net is simply not enjoyable to me. I'm more than capable of learning and mastering such tactics if I wanted to, but I'd rather, y'know, ENJOY playing the game :rolleyes:

If other people enjoy themselves playing online and being click-masters who blow through matches in 10 minutes by using strategies like that, more power to them. I don't find such wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am gameplay to be all that rewarding.

You're missing the best part of the game by playing SP only...
4vc4 mathes are awesome and can be VERY friendly.

8 players FFA are pure madness and lots of fun.

etc...

You're also missing on all the crazy and fun UMS maps...

Honestly, playing SP is like playing a half-completed game, you haven't really played Starcraft if you haven't logged on battlenet.

You're missing the best part of the game by playing SP only...
4vc4 mathes are awesome and can be VERY friendly.

8 players FFA are pure madness and lots of fun.

etc...

You're also missing on all the crazy and fun UMS maps...

Honestly, playing SP is like playing a half-completed game, you haven't really played Starcraft if you haven't logged on battlenet.

I don't just play SP, I just don't usually play on battle.net. Mostly I play with friends against large numbers of comps on custom maps designed to give the comps an advantage, or occasionally a bunch of us will play against each other (or FFA). But we don't play harassment-style games. That's just not fun to me, and they apparently agree. Like I said, to each their own.

As for funky UMS games, no thanks. I play StarCraft to play StarCraft, no pokemon, missile defender, tower defense, or whatever other stuff is popular these days. I've made UMS games for my friends before, but they are still games of 'craft, not stuff like you're talking about.

And I've been playing StarCraft for 10 years thanks, so yes, actually, I have really played it ;)

PS - I used battle.net semi-regularly until shortly after BW was released, never really bothered since except here and there... and half the time when I did play, I got back-stabbed by my allies. Yeah, I'm really missing out :rolleyes:

Back