Samsung S24A650

What color is the power LED on this monitor? Blue etc?? I really want to know if this will be good enough for gaming...

Prad reviewed the 24" and is has a medium response time, it is on par with some of the slower IPS panels and 5ms TNs based on their measurements. The 27" should be the same. Today digital versus reviewed a 24" phillips VA and it to has a medium response time but is an improvement over some of the previous VA panels. The Samsungs/Phillips aren't meant for gaming but they do have very deep blacks and better viewing angles+response times vs the previous c-pva and mva benqs.

That Philips looks tempting indeed, at least on paper, with its improved contrast (5000:1 ?) and speed. However since it's a new (revision of) panel, who can say if they got it right ?

In theory it's the better monitor compared to the Samsung, but its actual performance is something that will have to be reviewed at length.

Last edited:
I have the F23820MX and have read PRAD's 650 review, performance is very similar except for the response times since they didn't measure the F2380's with their current equipment. However, PRAD did measure the BenQ's (which were marginally better than the F2380's) and the new Samsungs are a bit faster. The 650's, like the BenQ's have the advantage in terms of screen coating since they use semi-glossy coating vs light anti-glare on the f2380's.

NCX, did PRAD test the backlighting of the S24A650 for PWM in this review? I am thinking of buying the preview and would be disappointed if they didn't address this.

Thanks.

So Samsung cheaped out instead of using their own, superior panel technology. That's not a good sign...

24" 1920x1200 8-bit cPVA might be an interesting product...

Hello guys,
This is my first post here. I'd would like to share with you my experience about Samsung c24a650x wich share the same MVA display as s24a650d.
It was on promotion on french web-store rueducommerce.fr for 169 euros! For that price I couldn't find anything better. After a couple of days of use, it seems to perform really good.
The default color temperature being a little bit cold (I have no calibrator, but it seems to be at around of 7000K). I adjusted the colors based on Prad.de review: red 47, green 50 and blue 45. Now it delivers more accurate colors, but still not as I would love to see.
Somebody here has already complained about false blue color rendering. My monitor shows light blue as light blue with no issues, but indeed it somehow struggles to show a correct dark blue which tends to have a minor violet tint. I haven't tryed to adjust color rendering from PC graphic card Intel HD 3000 though, may be it can fix this minor violet tint on dark blue.
c24a650x distinguishs from other model by it's wirless connection option, two USB 3.0 ports and Central Work Station feature. It has wiFi dongle to establish wireless connection between monitor and PC. One can also use it as a Central station and connect to monitor the keyboard, mouse, printer and other USB devices and liberate a lot of space on the laptop. You also connect monitor to PC via USB 3.0 cable but PC must also have USB 3.0 port.
Looking forward to hear some feedback from other users of this monitor.

I realize this thread has been inactive for awhile, but was hoping someone could help me out. I am interested in this monitor, but keep seeing conflicting information on various sites in regards to the viewing angle...

Samsung site shoes angles being 170/160: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS24A650DS/ZA

As does B&H's site: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/848651-REG/Samsung_S24A650D_24_650_Series_Business.html

But Newegg's site shows what I believe to be correct, 178/178: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001580

Am I missing something or did Samsung screw up their own tech specs?

Back