Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
Scar1.8T said:
How ghetto is using superglue for a bandage? I always keep a tube handly when cutting stuff. Stings at first, but stops the bleeding imediately and not a bulky as wrapping tape around one's finger.
uhhhhh

I would assume that superglue in your bloodstream could have negative side effects.....

but its pretty ghetto...that gets you a couple two three food stamps for sure

revenant said:
I used a couple of zip ties to help support the weight of my 2 pound HSF (cooler master hyper 6)

minor ghetto factor :)

Not bad, but I noticed that you cut off the Zip-tie ends. I have to deduct for that. 1.2 food stamps. Come back with twist-ties.... ;)

Sort of ghetto I think

I have an antec slk3700 amb,well I didn't want to use the fan holders.
So I was planning to cut the grills out and use screws like I seen another person do.
Don't have a dremel and just really want the fan their for a little better airflow.

I grab some big twist ties from the garage and did this.
It's been working great for the last year.
Eventually I'll getting to cutting out those grills I think.

compback.jpg

See as the twist ties exits the case.

compinside.jpg

Oh the dust :)

compside.jpg

The front fan has zip ties too.

Other than that not really much ghetto.

revenant said:
I used a couple of zip ties to help support the weight of my 2 pound HSF (cooler master hyper 6)

L33TRIG.JPG

minor ghetto factor :)

Is that zip tie bearing weight? Or a "Just in Case" type thing?

If it is actually helping support the cooler I'm tossin 3.2 foodstamps @ ya

[ MentallyNormal ]Sort of ghetto I think

compback.jpg

I gotta say it's a very smell ghetto mod...but it's ghetto for sure>>> 2.1 foodstamps!!

psu mod.

I got this for a few bucks and didnt want to dump any cash into it. I needed the 20 pin connector to be longer.

psu1.jpg

psu2.jpg

lol

{DR_K13} - psu mod.

I got this for a few bucks and didnt want to dump any cash into it. I needed the 20 pin connector to be longer.

Man.....that looks good! What size psu is that?

I'm throwin 2 foodstamps @ you and adding .5 cuz you got tatters on yo' wrist

2.5 Foodstamps

if thats a wrist strap please refer to original score

JL_Audio_User said:
{DR_K13} - psu mod.

Man.....that looks good! What size psu is that? and WhyTF is the original line so short?

I'm throwin 2 foodstamps @ you and adding .5 cuz you got tatters on yo' wrist

2.5 Foodstamps

Lol thanks for the food-stamps. Its a Slim MicroATX PSU out of something. I have a friend that owns a shop called " 2nd hand PC " here in California. We think it was out of a NLX formfactor rig, maybe an old Dell Desktop or something.

His shop is sweet because you can find odd ball stuff like that.

The 20 pin connector was about 2.5 inches long, I had to open the PSU case just to get another inch to work with before I started cutting.
:p

JL_Audio_User said:
Is that zip tie bearing weight? Or a "Just in Case" type thing?

If it is actually helping support the cooler I'm tossin 3.2 foodstamps @ ya

I'm betting it is supporting some weight. that heatsink is the CoolerMaster Hyper 6 and weighs in at just around 1 kg.

I needed a place to store my Nintendo DS with its' tiny game cards, so I disassembled a DVD drive and superglued its' chassis to a drive slot cover.

dcp00283bh.jpg

Voila! Instant storage tray!

[ Fabre ] I needed a place to store my Nintendo DS with its' tiny game cards, so I disassembled a DVD drive and superglued its' chassis to a drive slot cover.

I'm throwin 2.3 foodstamps @ ya!
If that was a working DVD you ripped apart, just for a storage droor I'm throwin another stamp at cha! Cuz THAT...... is ghetto!

3.3 foodstamps

JL_Audio_User said:
I'm throwin 2.3 foodstamps @ ya!
If that was a working DVD you ripped apart, just for a storage droor I'm throwin another stamp at cha! Cuz THAT...... is ghetto!

3.3 foodstamps

Well, the drive wasn't working, so I guess it's only 2.3 foodstamps for me :(

Fabre said:
I needed a place to store my Nintendo DS with its' tiny game cards, so I disassembled a DVD drive and superglued its' chassis to a drive slot cover.

dcp00283bh.jpg

That is awesome, 4 foodstamps....just because Id want that.!

im apirate said:
That is awesome, 4 foodstamps....just because Id want that.!
that is the perfect place to store stuff, i never really though about doing that before, but it is a pretty sweet idea

3.8 food stamps

Wow, I can't believe the response this thread has gotten. Not only that, I didn't know there were so many ghetto [H] MoFos out there. You all get 5 food stamps just for showing love to this thread

wolfofsin said:
Wow, I can't believe the response this thread has gotten. Not only that, I didn't know there were so many ghetto [H] MoFos out there. You all get 5 food stamps just for showing love to this thread

You need to generate a graph and track how many food stamps have been issued to whom. This way we can award the title of ghettofabulous to the most deserving individual.

The fan died on my GF3ti200 so I zip-tied the fan/shroud from a retail P4 2.8GHz HSF that I had sitting around on to the card. Also, you may notice in the pic below that I had to take off the cover of my antec PSU and cut off the back part so I could mount a better HSF in my crappy mini-ATX case.
guts03small4rn.jpg

Ghetto CPU fan duct action:
SidepanelintakeghettoductmodMedium.jpg

]

Ghetto CPU fan duct action:
SidepanelintakeghettoductmodMedium.jpg
[/QUOTE]

G-H-E-T-T-O.
You seem to have some "ghettomodding" skills

The 2 mods combined earn 4.1 foodstamps

I just got my water cooling rig working. I did it on the cheap and it isnt put together so it is more ghetto then the WD-40 I used to shine my shoes this morning. I gotta get some pics.

Meanwhile, we can take the F train on a trip downtown to memory lane. Way back when I was spit broke I had this ghetto rig. Ok fine, It was my special lady frens rig. Well the PSU fan was dying. It lost a bearing and would squeel something fierce. Everynow and then it would make this grinding noise and start burning dust. Now me and my special lady fren had a special relationship but this was not going to fly. 9.99 for a PSU? Are you crazy? I can get a 12-er of Steel Reserve 211 for that, and I only drink steel reserve on holidays. So I yank the bus-ed fan out of the PSU. No problem you got 10 minutes from start up before the PSU starts beeping like a POed Hoe, and another 3-5 minutes before the rig would start to stink and shut down. As long as you could complete your bidness in 13 minutes and didnt mind the 2 hour cool down, that rig worked perfectly. ;)

here are a few more ghetto shots

ghetto222.jpg

ghetto111.jpg

the switch is duck-taped because the plastic clips were broken off the cat 5 cables and no one felt like crimping new connectors on so we just taped it up.

the ghetto P2 PC was my first linux box, those little "slits" in one of the 3.5" bay had the volume control wheels for a set of speakers that i put inside of the case and the window on the side is just plain ghetto.

compslckr said:
here are a few more ghetto shots

http://slackerserver.com/uploaded/ghetto222.jpg
http://slackerserver.com/uploaded/ghetto111.jpg

the switch is duck-taped because the plastic clips were broken off the cat 5 cables and no one felt like crimping new connectors on so we just taped it up.

the ghetto P2 PC was my first linux box, those little "slits" in one of the 3.5" bay had the volume control wheels for a set of speakers that i put inside of the case and the window on the side is just plain ghetto.
I need to do that to my router, clip is also broken off.

Borgschulze - You get 5 bonus food stamps for being the 100th post in this thread

MentallyNormal said:
Sort of ghetto I think

I have an antec slk3700 amb,well I didn't want to use the fan holders.
So I was planning to cut the grills out and use screws like I seen another person do.
Don't have a dremel and just really want the fan their for a little better airflow.

compback.jpg

compinside.jpg

Oh the dust :)

compside.jpg

The front fan has zip ties too.

Other than that not really much ghetto.

You have an OCZ Mod Stream running in your Getto setup... Points taken off your gettoness for sure!

I would have used duct tape but we didn't have any of it lying around because........it's too expensive ;);) thanks for the foodstamps....maybe i'll go buy some duct tape and upgrade:p

Shouldve explained the last one, its a Knex mobo tray, held to the mobo by zipties :D
Ive used an entire container of 5 minute epoxy for my watercooling so far, but the res is going to be replaced by a 5 gallon bucket res to have the pump submersed in, as the walls werent able to hold up to tubing & barbs.

So with a 4.7, does that make me the highest so far? :D

ikellensbro said:
Ive used an entire container of 5 minute epoxy for my watercooling so far
that "rit thur" should get some of your food stamps taken away, unless you stole the tube :p
epoxy is way to pro for this part of town. zip ties are pushing it... twistie ties are the way to go for WC man
ikellensbro said:
but the res is going to be replaced by a 5 gallon bucket res to have the pump submersed in, as the walls werent able to hold up to tubing & barbs.
but that is 4.9 IMHO because its a 5 gallon bucket for christ sake! 5.0 food stamps would be a milk gallon or something... i dono how to beat that rofl

I used the shroud off of a stock Athlon XP heatisnk and its fan to mount on my Radeon 9500. Only 3 screws would go in and 2 of them could only go in halfway. The shroud is just the right size to pop onto the heatsink so I was like what the hell.

Another ghetto thing about this picture is that I have a shoestring that says ducks national park or something on it as a wristband for my ghetto digicam lol.

http://host.atomicfire.net/userfiles/megadeth_guy01/Custom Heatsink/117-1778_IMG.jpg

theshadow27 said:
that "rit thur" should get some of your food stamps taken away, unless you stole the tube :p
epoxy is way to pro for this part of town. zip ties are pushing it... twistie ties are the way to go for WC man

but that is 4.9 IMHO because its a 5 gallon bucket for christ sake! 5.0 food stamps would be a milk gallon or something... i dono how to beat that rofl
Hey, I may be going ghetto, but Im not stupid enough to leak all over my 4 year old hardware :p And I can also say from experience that the fumes from epoxy sure made me high fo a few days :D

And before this, I was going to use a Mountain Dew 2 liter for a res, but the material wasnt stron enough :(

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I used the shroud off of a stock Athlon XP heatisnk and its fan to mount on my Radeon 9500. Only 3 screws would go in and 2 of them could only go in halfway. The shroud is just the right size to pop onto the heatsink so I was like what the hell.

Another ghetto thing about this picture is that I have a shoestring that says ducks national park or something on it as a wristband for my ghetto digicam lol.

http://host.atomicfire.net/userfiles/megadeth_guy01/Custom Heatsink/117-1778_IMG.jpg

Picture%204.jpg

Picture%205.jpg

I cut the corner of the AMD fan so it wouldn't hit the slot or capacitor, I forget why I cut it, but it wouldn't fit in the slot without being cut...

EDIT: Nothing is holding the fan on the heatsink besides the plastic thing that holds the fan on the AMD heatsink...

even the pictures are ghetto!!

and since nothing is holding it down really, I'll throw ya 3.5 foodstamps :D

Dug up some old pictures of modding with no money back in the day or slotted cpus ;-)
Lovin' the blowers and a lot of hot glue:
Case4.JPG

More Blower magic:
Finished2.JPG

I thought the wheels and the misquito netting for dust covers would work well. To my amazement, didn't work so well:
Wheels.JPG

I had a really good one but can't find it :(

Karandras69 said:
Dug up some old pictures of modding with no money back in the day or slotted cpus ;-)
Lovin' the blowers and a lot of hot glue:
http://142.179.210.22/images/Case4.JPG

More Blower magic:
http://142.179.210.22/images/Finished2.JPG

I thought the wheels and the misquito netting for dust covers would work well. To my amazement, didn't work so well:
http://142.179.210.22/images/Wheels.JPG

I had a really good one but can't find it :(

3.4 Food Stamps for the Hot Glue.

these are from my "post your workstation " reply... just the highlights

i stuck my finger in this fan one to many times:
ghetto1.jpg

damn clock kept falling off the wall:
ghetto2.jpg

i wore off the fake wood by my keyboard from too much CS, so i made an electrical tape wrist pad:
ghetto3.jpg

the speakers are under my feet, so i kick them around alot... the guards kept falling off. as you can see, i didnt even put the right one on the correct way. the subwoofer was a royal bitch, i have used ductape, clear ductape, eclectrical tape, masking tape (all of the remains you can see lol) and it still falls off every once in a while. its current configuration has been working out pretty good though.
ghetto4.jpg

Back