Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
Since my mods have been hailed as "ghettofabulous" and "the king of geek" I feel obliged to contribute to this fine thread:

First, my modest case:

And a few from the outside.

If your intersted in the thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=872501

And next, my gaming rig:

DCP_6947.jpg

More pics here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=880676

Oh well, I try, I really do!

5 Food Stamps for our first Aluminum Foil Case. Lian Li better watchout. Nice touch with the aluminum foil drive bezel. Excellent work.

tommo said:
:eek: you'll destroy that HDD by running it upside down.
Actualy, you can run a hard disk vertical without trtouble, just so long as its within 5 degrees of horizontal or vertical its fine.

(I ran an 80GB drive upside-down for 3 years, now its on its side in my Lain-Li)

Disarray - Since my mods have been hailed as "ghettofabulous" and "the king of geek" I feel obliged to contribute to this fine thread:

G-h-e-t-t-o!

If this thing is still alive I'm voting 4.1 food stamps. I'ts almost TOO pretty though!

Nice work.....Ghetto on!

Ofcourse its still alive. Who could possibly dismantle something as beau... something like this?

thanks for the 4 food stamps ;) I ratethe box computer a 3.5 because of its neatness. :rolleyes: And the Water cooling, a 2 because its too form fit.

wolfofsin said:
Finding parts in someone's yard or garbage is definitely ghetto and may earn extra points. The beauty of ghetto is using whatever is on hand lying around. Ghetto is a way of being by circumstance, not by effort.

I got all the steel I used in my desk from an overgrown pile in a guys back yard.

Disarray said:
I got all the steel I used in my desk from an overgrown pile in a guys back yard.

Did you snag the stuff without permission? That's a misdemeanor offense buddy! (petty larceny) For pulling a fucked-up stunt like that, you get...

+.7 for an adjusted score of 4.8 food stamps

If you recieved permission (heavily frowned upon). Please refer to original score

Sorry, JL_Audio_User, that fan controller mod is actually pretty cool...too cool to be ghetto.

Um, in my old computer a few years ago, I mounted a 92mm fan to the front of my computer. Only thing was, the screwholes were for an 80mm fan. So I screwed the fan in with one screw and secured the other three corners of the fan with sticky tack (you know, the stuff you use to put posters up on a wall.) I also drew some kanji on the right side panel...with a magic marker.

Still can't believe I did that.

In my current case, the only thing I've done ghetto was using electrical tape in place of heatshrink after sleeving a fan's power cable and a fan extension cable. Just haven't gotten around to opening the case up and replacing it with proper heatshrink.

[Daggah]Sorry, JL_Audio_User, that fan controller mod is actually pretty cool...too cool to be ghetto

I got 3 food stamps for that! and aint givin em' back (I traded em' for a small piece o' rock anyway)

I hear you though. I'm happy with it :) and sad with it :( at the same time. I'm half tempted to rip it apart and use some cardboard from under the kittylitter box, and re submit...try and get me one of those 4+ food stamp scores.

Damn wood! DAMN! shoulda used some old cardboard

JL_Audio_User said:
Did you snag the stuff without permission? That's a misdemeanor offense buddy! (petty larceny) For pulling a fucked-up stunt like that, you get...

+.7 for an adjusted score of 4.8 food stamps

If you recieved permission (heavily frowned upon). Please refer to original score
I did have permission :( , BUT, the guy works for me and he might have felt "obligated" or perhaps "coerced" into the donation.

Disarray, that sounds like a form of Blackmail. While not larceny, it will still get you time therefore you can keep the added points.

That's a 4 because you couldn't even use matching rubber bands

wolfofsin said:
That's a 4 because you couldn't even use matching rubber bands
hell yea :p
JL_Audio_User said:
I'm throwin' 3.9 foodstamps at that.

Why is it your "Old" cooling? Looks SU...WEEEET to me
vid981.jpg

thats my current cooling :D

1337m0dd3r must have moved on up to the Eastside. We might have to revoke his ghetto card. He's too 1337 for us now.

theshadow27 - That bandaid is a 3. Scotch tape or masking tape would have been more ghetto. The fanbus is a 2. It's just nappy, which makes it ghetto looking, but it's not ghetto.

How ghetto is using superglue for a bandage? I always keep a tube handly when cutting stuff. Stings at first, but stops the bleeding imediately and not a bulky as wrapping tape around one's finger.

Disarray said:
I did have permission :( , BUT, the guy works for me and he might have felt "obligated" or perhaps "coerced" into the donation.
I feel those words are far too "big" to keep his ghettoness alive.

peace.

I think we will allow big words, as long as they are misused

LunchboX3904 said:
I feel those words are far too "big" to keep his ghettoness alive.

peace.

I feel that the implication of your observation on my dissertation has caused me consternation. Perhaps after supplication and with proper inspiration you will appreciate my perspiration that has went into my creation. If my incantation does not cause motivation, I may use personal transportation to visit your location and make sure you are not suffering from inanition possibly brought upon you by inebriation.

Disarray said:
I feel that the implication of your observation on my dissertation has caused me consternation. Perhaps after supplication and with proper inspiration you will appreciate my perspiration that has went into my creation. If my incantation does not cause motivation, I may use personal transportation to visit your location and make sure you are not suffering from inanition possibly brought upon you by inebriation.

touché....

:p

Kaiga said:
not a mod, but a ghetto I gues notebook pc? or laptop? shouldertop?.
crazycomputer.jpg

Anyone willing to go out in public with a rig like that, has apparently givin up on his life and ever scoring a chick.

That gets 3 sympathy foodstamps from me.

mmmkay, the shoulder computer, damn, I wonder how much glare is on those screens. :p I hate glare

I would have to give that shoulder contraption a 3.5 only because you have to carry that monstrocity. But I wonder.....Is that really you, or a gag pic you found somewhere?

JL_Audio_User said:
theshadow27 said:
ghetto bandaid:

I'm interested in the blue ghetto rig lurking behind your hand. Can I get a pic of that?

LOL! thats the raidster... my old computer. it was very ghetto, but the thing in the background was plexi for the window, i was adding a fan and i didnt want to scratch it up. the tape came off :D i promise

Disarray said:
Bump for the ghettowarez. Notice he rewrote this CD 3 times with new stuff but did take care to scribble some downtown notes on it. I would say bonus points if it was a way off brand CD, like 'super tenchi user media'.

Either way, for that he deserves a ghetto drink: one 'empty coke'. For you uptown folk, thats a glass full of ice, a straw, and 3 shots of whiskey. This is a great ghetto drink when you want to get completely blitzed but dont want your uptown hosts to realize how much of their liquor you are drinkin.

[urbsnspices]
Either way, for that he deserves a ghetto drink: one 'empty coke'.

Nope. Gotta stick to the rules dog! ( 1 - 5 foodstamps ) Of course you can give him the drink, but give him some foodstamps to go with it.

Yes, food stamps and drinks do go well together. It's sometimes because of the drinks we have food stamps.

JL_Audio_User said:
Nope. Gotta stick to the rules dog! ( 1 - 5 foodstamps ) Of course you can give him the drink, but give him some foodstamps to go with it.

Hey I just said he deserves a drink. Im not gonna give him one, what do you think Im made a juice? ;)

extra .5 stamp for the proud display of ghettowarez.

I used a couple of zip ties to help support the weight of my 2 pound HSF (cooler master hyper 6)

L33TRIG.JPG

minor ghetto factor :)

Back