Plasma is still beautiful and it's image quality rivals any modern tech!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol now you got me watching facebook market place, craigslist and ebay
LOL! I stand by my claim that for SDR pc gaming in a dark room only, and not HDR pc gaming, movies or other media consumption that the TH60PF50U 60in Neo Plasma Pro Monitor with ultra-low-persistence phosphors is the best monitor I've ever used. Not my LG C2 , not the vaunted FW900, Sony G520P, or my Cornerstone P1600 are better stricty for gaming. For pure media consumption a ZT60 or Pioneer equivalent will have a slight edge in image quality due to all the image processing. That same processing is what makes those units underperform in the pc gaming space. My units and it's little brother the TH 42PF50U not only have the fastest phosphors ever used in a self emitting display but they are pure monitors with no image processing and the resulting input lag. It will be tough to snag one but stick with those two units; don't make the mistake of buying anything else and you'll be golden! Lastly, i paid about 350.00 total for all 3 of my units. Don't pay hundreds of dollars unless it's NOS like that Ebay seller.

Last edited:
^^^ I think the best gaming monitor is the new 4k240 hz oleds with HDR. I've got the alienware and its amazing. I use to have two FW900s and while their motion clarity was epic, the new 4k240 oleds are close.....and on top of that they have the infinite contrast, HDR, VRR, superior resolution, etc ,etc.

Id love to have one of those plasmas for retro gaming because 1080p 60hz aint cuttin it for me with modern gaming.

I try to enjoy current tech for what it is....I feel like I under appreciated CRT and plasma back in the day and have a bit of nostalgia regret lol. I will never forget selling my 20" viewsonic CRT for "hot sex" ultra slim 19" LCD somewhere around 2003-2004ish and being too dumb to understand why it looked like shit compared to my old CRT and being to caught up in the hype of "HOT SEX SLIM PANEL" to go back to the CRT....and then when I started looking at plasmas, they were so expensive back then and bigger LCDs started coming down in price rapidly and ended up going with a 36" 1080p westinghouse and then a 40" samsung 1080p for my primary monitors and thought they were "epic" lol it wasnt until the 120hz monitors in 2010-2011ish that I realized I had been robbed of CRT goodness and got the two fw900s

Last edited:
^^^ I think the best gaming monitor is the new 4k240 hz oleds with HDR. I've got the alienware and its amazing. I use to have two FW900s and while their motion clarity was epic, the new 4k240 oleds are close.....and on top of that they have the infinite contrast, HDR, VRR, superior resolution, etc ,etc.

Id love to have one of those plasmas for retro gaming because 1080p 60hz aint cuttin it for me with modern gaming.

I try to enjoy current tech for what it is....I feel like I under appreciated CRT and plasma back in the day and have a bit of nostalgia regret lol. I will never forget selling my 20" viewsonic CRT for "hot sex" ultra slim 19" LCD somewhere around 2003-2004ish and being too dumb to understand why it looked like shit compared to my old CRT and being to caught up in the hype of "HOT SEX SLIM PANEL" to go back to the CRT....and then when I started looking at plasmas, they were so expensive back then and bigger LCDs started coming down in price rapidly and ended up going with a 36" 1080p westinghouse and then a 40" samsung 1080p for my primary monitors and thought they were "epic" lol it wasnt until the 120hz monitors in 2010-2011ish that I realized I had been robbed of CRT goodness and got the two fw900s
I don't dispute that...truth is at the end of the day we all like what we like. For my personal use case these are the best monitors I've ever used. That said, for HDR gaming the monitor you mentioned us the beesness!

20240211_163821.jpg
20240211_163528.jpg
20240211_155155.jpg

I like how the xbox controller gives scale to the massiveness lol If i could find a deal on three matching ones like you did...id probably do the same in my game room lol

I like how the xbox controller gives scale to the massiveness lol If i could find a deal on three matching ones like you did...id probably do the same in my game room lol
It's the most fun I've had gaming in a long time. The sheer immersion combined with zero input lag and crt level motion clarity! For SDR gaming in a dark room it can't be beat.

I was bummed when plasmas died out before I could get a really high end model, and the monitors sound even better. How do they do showing non native or lower resolutions like DVD (720x480) or pre HD consoles outputting SD video?

All systems are go..........boundless universe here we come! I kid you not........whatever you may suffer from at this moment...walk into my darkened game room....slip into the captain's chair.....place the ultra comfortable Bose headphones upon your head, prop your feet up and allow the stardust to wash over you..........

20240212_140938.jpg

Last edited:
I was bummed when plasmas died out before I could get a really high end model, and the monitors sound even better. How do they do showing non native or lower resolutions like DVD (720x480) or pre HD consoles outputting SD video?

Pretty terribly.

20240215_203902 (2).jpg

Sorry for the blurry camera shots. I'm very impressed that the NV Surround resolutions are crystal clear and fully usable on the Windows desktop now. Until recently NVSurround resolutions were usable in game but were too blurry for desktop use. Now I can take full advantage of all the extra desktop space. At 6806x3820 with Windows scaling set to 200% everything is sharp and clear.

Last edited:
This was before I had everything set up and in proper order. No desk, just sitting on the bare floor; even the resolution hasn't been properly set up via NVSurround and it's bezel correction feature. Here i was running 7k resolution on an RTX 4080. Total screen area of about 172 inches with a diagonal of 110 inches in portrait mode. For scale thats a 24oz cup of Joe sitting in front of the units.
20240130_181148.jpg

Last edited:
This was before I had everything set up and in proper order. No desk, just sitting on the bare floor; even the resolution hasn't been properly set up via NVSurround and it's bezel correction feature. Here i was running 7k resolution on an RTX 4080. Total screen area of about 172 inches with a diagonal of 103 inches in portrait mode. For scale thats a 24oz cup of Joe sitting in front of the units.
View attachment 638048
1709057453271.png

I shall not tell a lie.......I came within a day of picking up a 4th unit today. Seller was about 100 miles from me and said she'd taken it to a recycler the day before. :(

The woman had no idea what she had and was literally begging for someone to take it off her hands. According to her it worked fine but she said her roommate left it with her a year ago and moved out. I woulld have likely gotten the itch to go ahead and track down a 5th unit after that and ran a 1x5 portrait setup. My god what craziness has possesed me to even consider that? I'm running 6800x3840 at the moment with an RTX 4080. My taste don't lnclude the latest and greatest AAA games at max settings so I can get away with a 4080 at this resolution, but were I to go with 5 monitors......my god....a new desk, a new 4090 and even more juice from the wall. Also, AMD would be the only solution for me and historically I've never had any luck with AMD drivers.

i think you might have a bit of a problem, these were nice but youre a little obsessed...

That setup is kind of like someone elses baby. Nice to look at and hold for a little bit but I'm glad to give it back. Or in this case, not want to actually own it myself :p

Its monstrous and those bezels lol

i think you might have a bit of a problem, these were nice but youre a little obsessed...
Problem? Like the hoardes of individuals driving hours away to other states to pick up 20 year old FW900's among others? Nah......I don't think it's a "problem". Strange to hear someone on an enthusiasts forum calling out someone else as "obsessive and problematic" for being what.......an enthusiast?

Problem? Like the hoardes of individuals driving hours away to other states to pick up 20 year old FW900's among others? Nah......I don't think it's a "problem". Strange to hear someone on an enthusiasts forum calling out someone else as "obsessive and problematic" for being what.......an enthusiast?
yes problem, they have it too.
lol ok...

That setup is kind of like someone elses baby. Nice to look at and hold for a little bit but I'm glad to give it back. Or in this case, not want to actually own it myself :p

Its monstrous and those bezels lol
Those bezels are nothing in practice. If you've ever had an Eyefinity or Surround setup you'd know those bezels tend to disappear as your brain acclimates. That said, I'd much rather game on my current setup than anything else I've owned over the last 30 years, my C2 oled included. This setup has given me more hours of fun than I've had in recent memory. I understand it's not to everyone's taste and that's to be expected and perfectly normal, but for me this setup has been everything I've ever wanted in pc gaming. Sheer immersion, crt like motion clarity, zero input lag, and with the ability to run 7k resolution downscaled to the monitors native resolution of 3840x1920, the sharpest image I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. That said, everyone likes what they like and I totally get that many if not most would not roll with this setup.

Last edited:

I drove over 1,000 miles from Melbourne Florida to Deluth Georgia to be one of the first to get a PG32UQX from Microcenter....and almost got killed on the way back doing 90mph on a two lane East out of Orlando with cars blowing by me at 120+ but something told me to get over to the left lane with all the speeding psychos and as soon as I did I barely missed an all black car with its lights off, riding on sparking rims with two flats on its right side.....it was like The Force and or Sweet Baby Geezus willed me over....

Last edited:
Those bezels are nothing in practice. If you've ever had an Eyefinity or Surround setup you'd know those bezels tend to disappear as your brain acclimates. That said, I'd much rather game on my current setup than anything else I've owned over the last 30 years, my C2 oled included. This setup has given me more hours of fun than I've had in the previous 10 years. I understand it's not to everyone's taste and that's to be expected and perfectly normal, but for me this setup has been everything I've ever wanted in pc gaming. Sheer immersion, crt like motion clarity, zero input lag, and with the ability to run 7k resolution downscaled to the monitors native resolution of 3840x1920, the sharpest image I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. That said, everyone likes what they like and I totally get that many if not most would not roll with this setup.

This is how the new Alienware 4k240 oled makes me feel....motion clarity has a huge impact on my gaming enjoyment. The problem I had with PG32UQX is that 4k turned into NOK during motion. These new oleds are very close to CRT experience as long as your fps are 180+

The beauty of your setup is that's its a lot less intensive to maintaine that 60hz for plasma clarity! My problem is I'm a fps whore!

This is how the new Alienware 4k240 oled makes me feel....motion clarity has a huge impact on my gaming enjoyment. The problem I had with PG32UQX is that 4k turned into NOK during motion. These new oleds are very close to CRT experience as long as your fps are 180+

The beauty of your setup is that's its a lot less intensive to maintaine that 60hz for plasma clarity! My problem is I'm a fps whore!
Can't wait to get my paws on one of those oled 240hz guys myself... Then an RTX 5080 or 5090 will fuel it as a replacement for my rtx 3080 I currently have.

Can't wait to get my paws on one of those oled 240hz guys myself... Then an RTX 5080 or 5090 will fuel it as a replacement for my rtx 3080 I currently have.
Yea I had to cut some eyecandy down in halo infinite to get a steady 190-200 fps on my 4090....this display has definitely made me want a 5090.

I hope they also add more bandwidth so we can run 3 4k240 displays at the same time because 4090 is currently limited to 2.

To paraphrase a certain soothsayer from one of my favorite movies....... " Finding the one is kinda like falling in love......you just know it balls to bone!" :)

Back