how to minimize eBay ship costs?

How did you manage that? Last I checked they charge fees just like ebay.
With offer up the sale is local, all the money the customer gives you for the item you exchange you put in your pocket and you go home. The customer and you are allowed to leave feedback on each other's profile page, that's it there's nothing more or less to it.

Well, I used Pirate ship today for the 1st time (but not for an ebay sale), and it saved me $17 vs. going thru USPS.com (for which I have a personal online account), so I will most likely stick with them for the immediate future :D

Pirateship represents all us plebians who can't get reduced corporate rates, just like.using 8675309 at the gas pump

Reactions: Liver
like this
I don't want to make a career out of "ebay seller." I want the process to go quickly and easily. My time and "nerves" aren't worth the eBay hassles.
The problem is that eBay has a much bigger audience. Things sell there that don't get interest on just one forum like this.

The problem is that eBay has a much bigger audience. Things sell there that don't get interest on just one forum like this.
True enough. But for some of that stuff, if it doesn't sell, I will sell it (or give it away) in a future garage sale.

Reactions: Liver
like this
FYI/UPDATE 2-20-24:

I sold some stuff on ebay yesterday, and it appears that either they have caught on to Pirate Ship or the other way around, because I compared the rates on 2 medium sized packages via USPS Priority, and they were the same price....

Just sayin :)

FYI/UPDATE 2-20-24:

I sold some stuff on ebay yesterday, and it appears that either they have caught on to Pirate Ship or the other way around, because I compared the rates on 2 medium sized packages via USPS Priority, and they were the same price....

Just sayin :)
Some of the paid services (EasyShip) have slightly better rates then PirateShip. If your volume is high enough then it makes sense.

I sell enough on ebay at this point that I wish I didnt, because they take a huge chunk of my profits. Im sure it undoubtedly drives traffic and sales to my website for non-ebay sales though because I plastered my business name everywhere.

Last edited:
Tengis is your pricing on the website the same as on ebay?
Often I'll lookup a normal webstore from clues like what you're saying, but I find the price to be the same (or worse) than the ebay or amazon store, or charges shipping etc. I'm all for buying direct but I'm astonished at how often there is no incentive to do so.

Tengis is your pricing on the website the same as on ebay?
Often I'll lookup a normal webstore from clues like what you're saying, but I find the price to be the same (or worse) than the ebay or amazon store, or charges shipping etc. I'm all for buying direct but I'm astonished at how often there is no incentive to do so.

I have my website set up to sync products and inventory that I select over with a flat +$10 to the purchase price. I do free shipping on both unless its international. If someone goes to my website I feel they would be more likely to buy direct to save what is effectively 11-14%.

Could you elaborate, I'm not clear on which direction the sync works.
If the item is $150 on ebay, what is the price on your website?

Back