DOOM E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer

I always find it funny that random people on the internet know more about color design and profiling in video games than the professionals who actually work on the game. I agree with your assessment on lighting conditions in real life, especially when it comes to the Hell environment as it was presented. Not everything will look like a clear sunny day, or lighted artificially with fluorescent bulbs.

That version is artificial: the blue channel is turned down heavily. Unless you're walking around with a yellow visor attached to your head, that doesn't happen in real life. Even in "industrial settings", the blue spectrum of light doesn't magically disappear.

The actual image shown is hilariously bad. Obviously it's just a beta issue, or maybe the stream didn't get recorded right or whatever. Because no professional game developer would intentionally make something that bad.

That version is artificial: the blue channel is turned down heavily. Unless you're walking around with a yellow visor attached to your head, that doesn't happen in real life. Even in "industrial settings", the blue spectrum of light doesn't magically disappear.

The actual image shown is hilariously bad. Obviously it's just a beta issue, or maybe the stream didn't get recorded right or whatever. Because no professional game developer would intentionally make something that bad.
The beginning of the gameplay demo did show the PC putting on a helmet with a yellow tint. In my opinion the edited image is just as bad.

Back