Diablo 3 Offline Single Player Petition

no thanks, they want you to enter your home address.

It's a petition. Of course you have to enter your home address.

Change.org will not sell your information nor spam your mailbox except email if you opt in.

I'm speaking as a long-time Change.org member because I've signed quite a lot of petitions there - SOPA/PIPA and the likes.

Your address is public domain anyways. You're being paranoid if that's your only reason for otherwise wanting to sign a petition.

as soon as computer were connected to the internet in mass,. gaming quality went out the window, same thing happeneded with consoles, now and then you may find some cool glitch back in the day, but now it is release some Alpha level software and patch it over the next few years and eventually drop support when v2 comes out.

Still waiting on you to name a game. Just one. That's all. One of these mythical games you speak of that never had any problems. And comparing gaming now to gaming 10 years ago to gaming 10 years before that is stupid. Nothing other than stupid. It's like comparing why our cell phones drop connection when our rotary phones never did. Gaming engines are so far advanced from were they were even just five years ago it's not even funny. And seriously, your stating that gaming on the internet is the downfall of gaming.

And Disposed is the only one with some sense here. He didn't have a personal attack again you CMH. He called you entitled which if you seem to think that Diablo 3 should/is designed as a single player game he is accurate. Blizzard has stated time and time again this is a multiplayer game with single player balancing. Yeah you might never play with another character but you are still part of the community because of the auction house. It doesn't matter if you don't like it because that's what it is, a multiplayer game connected by playing the game or interacting with the AH.

Still waiting on you to name a game. Just one. That's all. One of these mythical games you speak of that never had any problems.

Your initial question is irrelevant because the issue here is that, when the servers are down, NO ONE can play the game. NO ONE. Not random people with personal hardware/driver issues...NO ONE.

And Disposed is the only one with some sense here.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Good one. Thanks for the laugh.

Your initial question is irrelevant because the issue here is that, when the servers are down, NO ONE can play the game. NO ONE. Not random people with personal hardware/driver issues...NO ONE.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Good one. Thanks for the laugh.

Not irrelevant at all. You point out the obvious and fail to respond to the original retort which was name a single game that has always worked for everyone all the time. All games have issues, when they're centralized like in this case they have a greater effect but that doesn't make the assumption that any product I purchase should work 100% of the time or it's a failure. Get a clue.

And glad I can make you laugh. :p

All Maverick does is go from thread to thread bashing a game he has never even played.

You know what mav, when an MMOs servers go down NO ONE can play. NO ONE.

WoW was built with multiplayer in mind.

D3 wasn't. If it was, they wouldn't try to make every character viable in inferno solo. Or any character for the matter. Try soloing any end game boss in WoW that was built at your level. (ie, try and beat lvl 85 raid with a lvl 85 char)

Regarding core demographic, I don't really care if they try and cater to me; I've ignored many games which don't cater to me, and I don't miss them.

Also, I've attacked what you posted, not you personally. What makes you think a personal attack will actually help your argument? Saying I'm too dumb to figure out that the game was "built from the fucking ground up as a multi player dungeon crawler" (which is erroneous to start with) is a personal attack, of which I could as easily counter with calling you dumb for not picking up the fact they wanted to allow people to play single player as well. Just that they messed up big time....

LOL try beating inferno mode, even hell for that matter without the ability to get online and use the AH. Hate to break it to you man you would have a better chance beating that 85 raid with a level 70 character in its underwear.

All Maverick does is go from thread to thread bashing a game he has never even played.

You know what mav, when an MMOs servers go down NO ONE can play. NO ONE.

It's not a fucking MMO, nor was it advertised as an MMO. Nice try, though. I guess since it looks and feels a lot like WoW you could make that mistake.

Really funny you should say that, too, because you seem to go from Diablo 3 thread to thread just to rip on people who have concerns about the game.

I played the beta, but do I really need to buy the retail version to know that the servers have gone down multiple times? No. And that's precisely why I'm not buying it, and voting with my wallet.

It's not a fucking MMO, nor was it advertised as an MMO. Nice try, though. I guess since it looks and feels a lot like WoW you could make that mistake.

Really funny you should say that, too, because you seem to go from Diablo 3 thread to thread just to rip on people who have concerns about the game.

I played the beta, but do I really need to buy the retail version to know that the servers have gone down multiple times? No. And that's precisely why I'm not buying it, and voting with my wallet.

You're not sharing concerns, you're just rolling around bashing it. Then vote with your wallet and stfu already. I know your type Maverick... Even if they bowed down and gave you an offline single player you still wouldnt buy it "out of principle" same with most of the complainers. You just want to roll around from thread to thread and make sure everyone knows how much you hate D3. Reminds me of a kid with a secret crush.

I've shared my concerns many times, whereas you are just trolling. If they put offline SP in the game I would most certainly buy it, however it's unlikely we will ever see that happen so, there we are.

I've shared my concerns many times, whereas you are just trolling. If they put offline SP in the game I would most certainly buy it, however it's unlikely we will ever see that happen so, there we are.

No, it will never happen and you and i both know this so why do you keep on? Explain how i am trolling? I have explained why offline mode can never happen, like it or not thats the reality. Its not possible with the games design, period... Like it or not the game revolves around the AH. I for one like it, some hate it. In order to keep things secure offline mode would not have access to the AH therefore offline mode would be impossible to beat. They would literally have to change all the loot mechanics etc. just to satisfy a small group of people.

After playing D2 for so long and going months without finding upgrades its nice to be able to pop into the AH and buy them.

Its not going to happen, this petition is a waste of time and all your complaining and bashing is an even bigger waste of time.

1) You are trolling because your counter-argument consists of "people who complain about the game are stupid and waste time".

2) Calling the petition and people who sign it a "waste of time" is also trolling. If you don't like it, don't post in the thread.

3) That may be the reality, who knows, but that is Blizzard's problem, not the consumer. Designing a game for online-only and AH-based and then, when people are upset by it, saying "well, it's too hard to change so too bad!" is not really a legitimate justification.

4) I am starting to wonder how "small" the group of people that want offline SP is...

It's hard to get a refund for something you've already purchased if it's a piece of software. :(

Still, this is true...don't buy it. Speak with your wallet. That's probably the only way Blizzard will even consider outside opinions.

This is not the case with Diablo 3. Submit a ticket and ask for a refund. I recieved a refund, and it is within their EULA to offer a full refund within 30 days of purchase. There is still time.

Game went from the idea of... Farm items to improve your character! - > to something along the lines of... You can't farm items, instead FARM GOLD. We hope you like our AH simulator with hack and slash minigame!

This is not the case with Diablo 3. Submit a ticket and ask for a refund. I recieved a refund, and it is within their EULA to offer a full refund within 30 days of purchase. There is still time.

Game went from the idea of... Farm items to improve your character! - > to something along the lines of... You can't farm items, instead FARM GOLD. We hope you like our AH simulator with hack and slash minigame!

Well, how do people find level 60 items then? :p They end up in the AH somehow.

I know the loot system is kinda broken, but saying all you do is farm gold is stretching it.

1) You are trolling because your counter-argument consists of "people who complain about the game are stupid and waste time".

2) Calling the petition and people who sign it a "waste of time" is also trolling. If you don't like it, don't post in the thread.

3) That may be the reality, who knows, but that is Blizzard's problem, not the consumer. Designing a game for online-only and AH-based and then, when people are upset by it, saying "well, it's too hard to change so too bad!" is not really a legitimate justification.

4) I am starting to wonder how "small" the group of people that want offline SP is...

Really? I have explained numerous times why its not going to happen yet people line you keep banging their breads against the wall. The petition is a stupid waste of time. It won't change a thing. So fast your biggest argument is that those like myself that disagree with you ate trolls and fanboys... Take a look in the mirror before calling people out as trolls

So fast your biggest argument is that those like myself that disagree with you ate trolls and fanboys...

Uh, no, the argument is that online SP is bullshit, especially when the servers are down as much as they are. People can't play the game they paid for.

Pretty much speaks for itself, don't it? :rolleyes:

Uh, no, the argument is that online SP is bullshit, especially when the servers are down as much as they are. People can't play the game they paid for.

Dude, you're still hammering away with your complaints from release week. Servers have been fine for a while now but why confuse you with facts when you can keep rambling on about the same shit right? :rolleyes:

All these server complaints are a load of horseshit. The servers are fine, have been for a while now. Trust me, i play a wizard and am in hell mode right now, one lag spike = instant death for me and it has not been an issue in a while.

Realistically, probably less than 2% of the amount of copies they sold. :rolleyes:

less than 1700 signatures on a petition thats been linked on pretty much every gaming and tech news site on the flipping planet should have cleared that up for you.

I'm down to sign this. Starcraft 2 has an offline mode. Why can't Diablo 3?

Technically its not 'online sp'. Its a co-op game with the option to play by yourself. :)

I'm down to sign this. Starcraft 2 has an offline mode. Why can't Diablo 3?

Those reasons have already been given, numerous times. SC dont have issues with dupers, item hackers etc. starcraft dont have a loot table that has to be server side to combat those people. The comparison makes no sense.

Technically its not 'online sp'. Its a co-op game with the option to play by yourself. :)

Really so I guess Diablo I and II were just co-op games you had the option of playing OFF FKING LINE! I am so tire of the drooling Blizzard zombies. If this was Ubishaft you would be besides yourself.

Really so I guess Diablo I and II were just co-op games you had the option of playing OFF FKING LINE! I am so tire of the drooling Blizzard zombies. If this was Ubishaft you would be besides yourself.

Ubisoft and this do not compare... Change the fuck on already people.

I've been what you would call a passionate vocal critic since the beta stage and even I think this petition is a massive waste of energy and time. Too much money and planning has gone into making this strictly online for activision to even think about changing right now. They have way too many pressing issues at the moment, and single player is not even a very very very minor consideration at this point in the games cycle. Just get a refund and wait for tl2, Poe and grim dawn. I know it sucks but that's just the hard truth and no amount of wishing or organized effort will change that.

Those reasons have already been given, numerous times. SC dont have issues with dupers, item hackers etc. starcraft dont have a loot table that has to be server side to combat those people. The comparison makes no sense.

People have gotten their SC2 accounts hacked before. I don't need reasons or excuses why D3 can't have offline single player, just giving an example that they know how to MAKE single player offline, they just refuse to.

I've been what you would call a passionate vocal critic since the beta stage and even I think this petition is a massive waste of energy and time. Too much money and planning has gone into making this strictly online for activision to even think about changing right now. They have way too many pressing issues at the moment, and single player is not even a very very very minor consideration at this point in the games cycle. Just get a refund and wait for tl2, Poe and grim dawn. I know it sucks but that's just the hard truth and no amount of wishing or organized effort will change that.

You're probably right, but the petition isn't hurting anyone. It's not like the petition is stealing people's money or anything...

I guess I just don't understand the excessive hatred towards the petition and those who sign it. If you don't want to participate you can certainly refrain from doing so, but others who would like to voice their opinion, even in a minor way like this, are free to do so also.

You're probably right, but the petition isn't hurting anyone. It's not like the petition is stealing people's money or anything...

I guess I just don't understand the excessive hatred towards the petition and those who sign it. If you don't want to participate you can certainly refrain from doing so, but others who would like to voice their opinion, even in a minor way like this, are free to do so also.

The biggest problem is not that its the fact that the very vocal complainers still act like they are more than just a tiny little minority. Even with this joke of a petition in their faces they still fail to come to grips with this.

Servers have been fine for a while now

That's why last Monday night/Tuesday the servers were down for 14hrs? (3:30AM to 5:30PM) I wanted to play but couldn't. An offline would have been nice right then.

TL2 looks way better than D3 to me. TL2 has some big features such as:

-No always on DRM requirement for single play.
-LAN/Internet play with MORE than 4 people.
-Support for mods in single and multiplayer. Free modding tools. This will lead to tons of extra fan made content at no cost. Yes, please!
-No Greedy / game ruining auction house for real cash. When the arena opens in D3 the people with the best items will have a big advantage. Who will have all of the best items? The people who dump a lot of real $$$ into the auction house. F'IN LAME!
-Costs $20 instead of $50+ that D3 does.

If Runic can do this in a few years at $20 a pop, why can't Blizzard accomplish this in 10 years?

Reminds me of other things meant to be done with others that you can have the option to do by yourself.

Just saying.

+1

Already got my refund, and waiting for TL2.

last time i checked, this is diablo 3, not diablo 1 or 2.

Yup. I knew this day would come.

Ubisoft.. F YOU...

Blizzard.. wooo we love you.. 5million sold.

Online DRM is the future and already a growing media. And we can all thank steam for it :) It started the trend.. And is now growing and becoming worse.

Back