Build log of "Unobtainable" - X79 in a white Bitfenix Prodigy

nice finish, i like the fact that many of case makers are coming out with white cases than old fashioned baize and black.

how's the performance and how the heatmaster is working? and how's the temperature of everything?

Thanks.

I haven't got to test it just yet.
The heatmaster I will just use to control the fans, which it's good at.
But I haven't got that much time to play with it yet :D
only thing is that you cant make a custom fan setup to follow like CPU temp.
it has to be the temp sensors which I did make a mistake with (I believe)
Since two of the temperature sensors display -3 and -11 which propperly is because I shoten them with some solder, which changes that speed of the signal :(

Also I would like to give you some bench and temp test, but my front fan ran only with 600 RPM at maks speed out of 900 rpm that it should, silent but not that much air being pushed.. so I bought a new one, coming in tomorrow :D

Last edited:
have you gotten the software for your heatmaster to check temp from each fan? i was browsing around and found it haven't tested it though.

have you gotten the software for your heatmaster to check temp from each fan? i was browsing around and found it haven't tested it though.

Yes I got the software to controll the fans and see temps.

But not working just they way I hoped, but it functions just as well as an normal 5.25" fan crontoller, so it's fine ;-)

But see last post for more info on the temps sensor problem

My favorite part is that the video card waterblock is facing the window, instead of just down. You can SEE you temps drop :p

good job

Hi guys

I have tried to take some more show pictures of Unobtainable.
(still trying to get the perfekt UV picture. might go with some external UV light next time).

Because I got a Non EK reservoir I can't enter the Limited CSQ catagori (but the Open CSQ), which clearly is the best place to be put (less competition and way better prizes).
(And i can't use the reservoirs that EK makes since the are 60mm in diameter which i 5 mm to much).

So by removing the reservoir and the two non EK motherboard waterblocks I will then enter the Limited CSQ catagori.
Course I'm here to WIN :D

So now I know what the rest of my night will look like :rolleyes:

I will link to the new system on CooledPC.com ones it up, and still hope you will vote on it even though it missing two small blocks and a reservoir.

About bench and temps, I have out of the blue problems with leak from the flow meter :(
Havent got time to check why it laks, but I will get it done ASAP.

Last edited:
there was a post while back on some other forums about modified heatmaster software to control them individually try to google it you might find it,

Thanks all

Th leak on the flow meter seemed to be a problem with the O-ring. Tried to fix it but it still leak.
Didn't really need it as I can see via the pump how fast it goes (RPM).
It was more for the look, but it will actually also to good (maybe better) with out. give it a more clean look ;-)

there was a post while back on some other forums about modified heatmaster software to control them individually try to google it you might find it,

Thanks. if you find it, please link ;-)

Its like a big block of "awesome" Im thoroughly amazed that you fit all of that in that tiny case! Hats off to you!

Hi guys..

So It have been a bit quiet from me lately, but I have had an exam I also had to study for..

First off:
You remeber the all of a sudden leaking from the flowmeter?
Well it seemed to be the o-ring sitting badly, so tried fixing it but no luck.
So it goes out of the system (didn't need it any way) which might just make the whole build look a bit better and less caotic :D

But the leak did bring me some troubles..
MY pump didn't start after so was a bit mad at the time :mad:
But out the pump goes and with a bit of time on the hot radiator fixed it (it had taken some water in) :D

So I said I would enter the Cooledpc.com competion but in the highst catagori, so I need to take away the two motherboard blocks and reservoir.
So empty the build and now when I had it all out, I just need to change the fan on the PSU.

WHY?
Well, it is a nice PSU, but in idle, it's fan was the most noise part, which I just can't take.
So out with that and in with a noctua P14 - FLX which is really good = no noise but better airflow.

Really love the noctua fans, but can't use them in general because of those damn colors..

But the res, mobo blocks and flow meter came out, and the loop changed a bit and it all turned out really great (I believe).
Many great pictures can be seen here:
http://www.cooledpc.com/build/224

Hope you like it and will share and vote :D

Next in the coming week, I will be shifting back the res and mobo blocks to finally finish the build and show you some temp, bench and OC :D

Hi Guys, Im sorry that I have been away a longer time but my studies have really been pulling my hairs :-(

Any way, Bench and such, well it turns out that the motherboard can't really OC.
Been ad it for some time now but, when I try to set a higher multiplier in the old BIOS it doens't really take any effect, or sometimes a complete other setting. Along that the power isn't working that well a all either, so won't try to do more in case the motherboard fries it self along some other HW.

I can tough tell you that, for some reason I not sure of, the front fan can't spin more then around 700 rpm of its 900 when it's inside the case (have tried two fans now). outside its around the 900, and nothing is hitting it inside the case.
Could it be some magnetic interference from the cables or motherboard?

So it doesn't perform that well :-( but with all fan at max (is a bit noisy) I get a CPU core temps around 50-54 and GPU at 44-46 when I make some long Prime 95 and along some unique heaven. (though the GPU's only opperate at 70-80% when Prime 95 also is running).. And the water is around 42 degrees when it's stable

About the Bench, well it would be any thing you havent seen since I cant OC the CPU :-(

let's see some more updates!
Well im sorry, but there wont be more.. I will only answer questions from now on.
It is done (though my Heatmaster broke and will be replaced later)..

But you can check out this cool build at OCN:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313366/mod-project-prodigious-bitfenix-prodigy-matx-watercooled-and-more

And look forward to my next build with just as much power but in a smaller case ;-)

Back