ASUS Rog Swift 32 inch PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K 240hz

I'm jealous of the uniform brightness option. That should have been a standard option on all OLEDs from the start.

The up and down brightness of my Gigabyte Aorus is really my only problem with it.

Well, now I know what the next display to turn this 42C2 in for at BestBuy (geeksquad ftw) will be. This thing seems GOATed.

Dell Alienware teased their versions: https://wccftech.com/alienware-32-4k-240hz-27-qhd-360hz-qd-oled-gaming-monitors-early-2024-launch/

This will probably be the one to get. Alienware seems to be pretty good about firmware updates and burn in warranty.

If the 27" version is good I might get that up Dell stands are usually better but I really don't need it you only need one monitor or two or three I have like 7 monitors total right I would like to sell one of them anway. Two are backups I'm never going back to LCD for gaming unless my OLED breaks and they stop making them.

Curved 16:9? Not for me, that gimmick is dead. Ultra wide screens I can see but this is just not for me.

But their version is curved keep in mind

You can barely even tell it's curved. Probably very very slight curve like 3000R or something.

1698156179709.png

That stand looks FANTASTIC. Why every company needs these stupid V shaped stands that put the leg directly in the way of your mouse on anything but a 4' wide table is beyond me. Its useless and stupid, just give it a rectangle at the bottom and be done with it.
Yeah I hate those stand designs. If you are going to do something like this, at least make the legs flat on top so you can put something on top of them. I can understand V style stands on something like superultrawides but there is no reason for them on something like a 32" monitor. Just use a "bottom plate" type stand.

The Corsair 32UHD144 cost 100 EUR less with flat rectangle stand compared to the bulky one 2 months ago. The difference even increased to 160 EUR now. There likely is less wiggle with the bulky stand, though. On the other hand 160 EUR buys you a proper desktop monitor arm or B-stock Acer X32 FP (including the bulkier stand and mini LED local dimming).

1698232601410.png
1698232613109.png

I had it in cart via Asus store this morning but just couldn't justify paying $350 more for essentially the same damn thing as the MSI version. Gonna wait for that to drop again.

I mean plenty of people have gotten the MSI into their cart only to not be able to checkout in the end so that doesn't really say much. Anyways calibration of this monitor in both SDR and HDR seems to be spot on based on that video, but again I think HUB totally missed the PG27AQDM being busted so meh.

Well good luck getting that MSI because even with stockalert apps/extensions set up, it's gone before I even have a chance and so do many others.

1708112111172.png

I was eating lunch but my friend grabbed one within 30 seconds of the Distill notification. You gotta have the account created and ready to login/autofill along with payment info.

From what I'm hearing this is an introductory price that ends whenever their $100 steam gift card promotion ends and after it will go to $1199 like the Dell.

EDIT: At this point probably just best to grab whatever model you can actually purchase. I should have just paid the Asus tax this morning.

Any of these monitors showing up on Amazon yet? I have a bunch of credit to spend.
No they won't hit Amazon until the 2nd shipment or later according to Asus which is scheduled for 2-3 weeks from now. Amazon will probably list it to buy prior once the inventory is on route to their warehouse though so if you want one expect to snipe from now until the end of the month.

Ya, neither did I. Sold out on Bestbuy Canada this morning in like 2 min.

Don't buy from scalpers, only makes this worse.

There's also no need if people can just be a bit patient as they'll be back in stock soon. Samsung makes a lot of QD-OLED panels, There's not a shortage or something, so they'll be available. It also isn't like with GPUs where there's some near-insatiable non-consumer force gobbling them up like crypto miners or companies toying with AI. It's a high end, expensive, monitor, it'll be available soon enough.

There's also no need if people can just be a bit patient as they'll be back in stock soon. Samsung makes a lot of QD-OLED panels, There's not a shortage or something, so they'll be available. It also isn't like with GPUs where there's some near-insatiable non-consumer force gobbling them up like crypto miners or companies toying with AI. It's a high end, expensive, monitor, it'll be available soon enough.
I dunno about that because it took months for people to get a hold of a PG42UQ and that is in far less demand vs these 32's. The next round of inventory that's coming at the end of the month will also sell out in 23 seconds and this will continue on a 2-3 week cycle until summer IMO.

Back