ASUS Rog Swift 32 inch PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K 240hz

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Screenshot_20230822-100513.png

https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/asus-...-31-5-qd-oled-panel-4k-and-240hz-refresh-rate

I'm guessing this is the same panel that Dough has been trying to peddle recently. I would not expect this display to release until 2025 or late 2024 at the earliest.

Yeah typical Asus. Announce a monitor now then don't release it for 2 years just like the PG32UQXR that just finally came out after being announced at CES 2021. We'll see this probably summer 2025 I bet.

I'm guessing this is the same panel that Dough has been trying to peddle recently. I would not expect this display to release until 2025 or late 2024 at the earliest.

well they've said early Q1 at the moment as an estimated date. It will def be quicker than your timelines i'm sure :)

Big thing here 2nd gen Samsung QD OLED plus it's 4K and 240hz
Only a matter of a few years before we get a 42" 16:9 240hz qd-oled model, the monitor I've been holding off for, and what I would consider an endgame monitor, only to be replaced by a different technology, like a advanced AR headset.

A shill named Tech chap on YouTube just released a video on this I think? I didn't watch it but some of u might wanna see it.

And here we are on the "JUST A FEW MORE YEARS GUYS"!!! OLED train. I'm still riding it though.

Still only DisplayHDR 400 True Black, though it says it peaks at 1000 nits. To be fair, I don't know of any OLED display on the market, TV or monitor, that has any other DisplayHDR certification at this point.
well they've said early Q1 at the moment as an estimated date. It will def be quicker than your timelines i'm sure :)
No, this goes with ASUS' habit of announcing things early. They also said the PG32UQXR would release Q1 2022, and it just hit stores last month. I guarantee engineers are still in the lab trying to figure out how to mass produce this thing with a low failure rate, but ASUS marketing is always too ambitious.
team glossy
Yeah, ASUS is notorious for using matte AG coating, and it looks even worse on an OLED screen than it does on LCD.

Still only DisplayHDR 400 True Black, though it says it peaks at 1000 nits. To be fair, I don't know of any OLED display on the market, TV or monitor, that has any other DisplayHDR certification at this point.

No, this goes with ASUS' habit of announcing things early. They also said the PG32UQXR would release Q1 2022, and it just hit stores last month. I guarantee engineers are still in the lab trying to figure out how to mass produce this thing with a low failure rate, but ASUS marketing is always too ambitious.

Yeah, ASUS is notorious for using matte AG coating, and it looks even worse on an OLED screen than it does on LCD.
The 32” has a QD OLED panel and so the normal semi glossy style coating, not grainy matte :)

keep in mind there’s only two tiers or DisplayHDR True Black (400 and 500) which is for OLED panels. Not to be confused with the LCD HDR400 etc tiers

The 32” has a QD OLED panel and so the normal semi glossy style coating, not grainy matte :)

keep in mind there’s only two tiers or DisplayHDR True Black (400 and 500) which is for OLED panels. Not to be confused with the LCD HDR400 etc tiers
Manufacturers who buy panels from other manufacturers can use any coating they want. Just because Samsung uses semi-glossy doesn't mean ASUS will.

Dimmer than an ancient C2 when it comes to 10% highlights and likely won't see the light of day until 2025.

I'd much rather have a WOLED version that isn't limited to 400nits 10% window.

I also watched the slowmo of the menu options on the monitors and I didn't see anything about BFI being available. Come on guys... Just give us the f-ing option.

ASUS won't take your order, not ship a monitor, and then keep your money. Or do they?

I'm confused. You said that it's too bad there isn't any other monitor brand without a sketch ass rep. So what about Asus then? Aren't they supposed to be the non sketch brand here?

Dimmer than an ancient C2 when it comes to 10% highlights and likely won't see the light of day until 2025.

"Improved workflow ventilation + custom Heatsink", but yet a hard drop from 1000nits at 3% window to only 400 nits at 10% window. Very weird.

I'm confused. You said that it's too bad there isn't any other monitor brand without a sketch ass rep. So what about Asus then? Aren't they supposed to be the non sketch brand here?
I mean, ASUS has its problems for sure. Dough, on the other hand, has orders (and peoples money!) from 2022 and even 2020 (back when they were Eve) that they still haven’t fulfilled. I would consider Dough worse. For all of ASUS’s issues, you can give them your money and get a product in return. You cannot say the same about Dough. Last thing I’m saying on the matter.

Monitor looks cool but I would like to see what others have in store, in terms of implementation.

"Improved workflow ventilation + custom Heatsink", but yet a hard drop from 1000nits at 3% window to only 400 nits at 10% window. Very weird.
That is one reason I won't be buying this. That is a major jump down in brghtness, especially when compared to other oled offerings.

If Brightness is a priority for you, then look for MiniLED displays. There are plenty of models available with an acceptable number of dimming zones. OLEDs will never be as bright as a LED backlit displays due to technical limitations, and even though the perceivable gap has diminished considerably recently, dont expect great advancements as OLED is already a very mature technology.

I would rather have good uniformity, deeper black levels (which means better contrast) and viewing angles than a mini-Sun in front of me.

You know we're at peak consumerism when a 2022 display is called "ancient". No wonder manufacturers are more than happy making cheaper displays that dont last.

Last edited:
I mean, ASUS has its problems for sure. Dough, on the other hand, has orders (and peoples money!) from 2022 and even 2020 (back when they were Eve) that they still haven’t fulfilled. I would consider Dough worse. For all of ASUS’s issues, you can give them your money and get a product in return. You cannot say the same about Dough. Last thing I’m saying on the matter.

Monitor looks cool but I would like to see what others have in store, in terms of implementation.

Which would make Asus the "non sketch ass" brand that you were looking for then as opposed to Dough right? Lol so why say too bad there isn't such brand in the first place. Here's pretty much how I saw your original post: You find out Dough is making a 32" 4K OLED then say "Eww Dough, too bad we can't get 32" 4K OLED from a non sketch ass brand", but then we are literally in a thread about a 32" 4K OLED that's coming from said non sketch brand.

Just when you think the PERFECT monitor is coming out, you read that it has only a DP 1.4 (DSC) connection. :rolleyes: WTAF? In 2023/2024? Come on Asus. Why no DP 2.1?

Just when you think the PERFECT monitor is coming out, you read that it has only a DP 1.4 (DSC) connection. :rolleyes: WTAF? In 2023/2024? Come on Asus. Why no DP 2.1?

Does it even matter? The 4090 doesn't have DP2.1 anyway, which is going to be the overwhelming majority of GPUs that are paired with this display. By the time the RTX 5090 comes out I bet they will refresh the display with DP2.1 connection.

Does it even matter? The 4090 doesn't have DP2.1 anyway, which is going to be the overwhelming majority of GPUs that are paired with this display. By the time the RTX 5090 comes out I bet they will refresh the display with DP2.1 connection.
Yes, It matters. Your reason doesn't make much sense. The Radeon 7000 series supports this already so why not? Also, by the time this gets going good by summer of next year, We'll be well under a year from Nvidia's 5000 series or whatever they end up calling it from releasing, Which will no doubt or really it better have display port 2.1. Not to mention the price will no doubt be close to 2k.

Yes, It matters. Your reason doesn't make much sense. The Radeon 7000 series supports this already so why not? Also, by the time this gets going good by summer of next year, We'll be well under a year from Nvidia's 5000 series or whatever they end up calling it from releasing, Which will no doubt or really it better have display port 2.1. Not to mention the price will no doubt be close to 2k.

If lack of DP2.1 prevents you from getting one be my guest for me it doesn't matter one bit lol. Would it be nice if it had DP2.1? Absolutely, but given that DP 1.4 can already achieve 4K240Hz anyway, it doesn't matter. And don't even try to start with saying stuff about not needing DSC because that's not even true on Radeon 7000 series. RX 7000 series uses UHBR 13.5 which means a max bandwidth of 54 Gbit/s so guess what? Even with Radeon 7000 you are STILL going to use DSC to achieve 4K240Hz anyway, which again, it does NOT matter that this monitor lacks DP 2.1

1692992574222.png

1692992588363.png

Last edited:
HDMI 2.1 already supports 4K 240 Hz with DSC. Why is DP 2.1 needed?
If lack of DP2.1 prevents you from getting one be my guest for me it doesn't matter one bit lol. Would it be nice if it had DP2.1? Absolutely, but given that DP 1.4 can already achieve 4K240Hz anyway, it doesn't matter. And don't even try to start with saying stuff about not needing DSC because that's not even true on Radeon 7000 series. RX 7000 series uses UHBR 13.5 which means a max bandwidth of 54 Gbit/s so guess what? Even with Radeon 7000 you are STILL going to use DSC to achieve 4K240Hz anyway, which again, it does NOT matter that this monitor lacks DP 2.1

View attachment 593439

View attachment 593440
Also this. DSC compresses the bandwidth at a ratio of 3:1, which means the 68.56 Gbps of uncompressed 10-bit 4K 240 Hz comes down to 22.85 Gbps while using it.

Back