AMD Catalyst 12.2 Pre-Certified Driver 2/16/2012

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalyst122precertifieddriver.aspx

Last Updated

2/16/2012 Article Number

GPU-151 The AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Certified driver (It is the same driver as the Catalyst 12.2 Pre-Certified, but will be officially Microsoft® certified) will be posted in late February or very early March 2012. Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 pre-certified driver:

Windows 7 and Windows® Vista® support for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
  • Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit
  • Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4
Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications
  • Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and 7700 Series
  • Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications
  • Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications)
AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
  • Custom resolutions – users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations
  • Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile
  • HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference
  • Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations
Instructions:

Download and install the Driver from the following location:

For detailed instructions on how to install the drivers, please refer to:
  • Article GPU-33 for a Windows 7 based system
  • Article GPU-1 for a Windows Vista based system
  • Article GPU-2 for a Windows XP based system
Note! This Driver is provided “AS IS” in accordance with the End User License Agreement
Applicable Products:
This article applies to the following configuration(s):

Operating Systems:
  • Windows 7 32-bit Edition
  • Windows 7 64-bit Edition
  • Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
  • Windows Vista 64-bit Edition
  • Windows XP 32-bit Edition
  • Windows XP 64-bit Edition
  • Windows XP Media Center Edition
Application profile 12.1 CAP 3 2/15/2012
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx
Description:

This release of AMD Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest AMD CrossFireX™ profiles in a separate executable file ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC.

New profiles added to this release:
- Alan Wake - Improves CrossFire performance
- Syndicate – Improves both single GPU and CrossFire performance
- Darkness 2 – Improves CrossFire performance
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Improves CrossFire performance for the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series to avoid negative scaling at low resolutions
- Natural Selection 2 – Fixes shadow map flickering issue seen with CrossFire enabled

these are best to use with the 7970? I will download them now, so when my 7970 comes i am all already.

Kickass, can't wait to see if this fixes the Darkness 2 issues with the menu and FOV. Want to play badly.

Damn it, wrong thread. I wanted to put this on the AMD forums :p My download is going terribly slow like 100KB/Sec here :(

still good news, even though it's not the section you thought of - I hope they fixed the previous bugs

trixx don't work either. I can only use ccc and it is way to low for my card. this driver is a no go

If this doesn't fix my fan speeding up to cool my 7970 when it should, which has never worked properly or I still continue to get the video card driver crash when my monitor goes to sleep, I'm going to RMA my card. Just spent 30 mins on yet another wipe and clean install of the OS to give these new drivers a perfect home. Now .... I await.

....... Wait, are you kidding me, same drivers as something else that was already out, but re-named ..... lol ... jesus. I had those drivers already installed. So did a lot of other people.

Ok, so these drivers are nothing new at all then. Ok, got it.

....... Wait, are you kidding me, same drivers as something else that was already out, but re-named ..... lol ... jesus. I had those drivers already installed. So did a lot of other people.

Ok, so these drivers are nothing new at all then. Ok, got it.

plus overclocking hardware seems to be broken on them lol

Same as 12.3 RC beta drivers (8.950.0) despite being named 12.2 Pre-WHQL...according to the Guru3d forums.

Nice and confusing.

Reference:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=358815

Not the same. Read the thread..

Originally Posted by pedroo View Post
AMD Catalyst 12.3 RC (8.950.0 February 14):
D3D: 7.14.10.0894
OGL: 6.14.10.11554
CCC: 2012.0214.2218.39913

AMD Catalyst 12.3 RC (8.950.0 January 31)
D3D: 7.14.10.0894
OGL: 6.14.10.11552
CCC: 2012.0214.2218.39925
Note, the CCC for the 12.3 RC is 2012.0131.2220.39925 not 2012.0214.2218.39925

Also, despite the D3D being the same version, the files are NOT bit identical, so you definitely need to remove the old one and install the new one, and not do an in place update. There are minor differences in the APPS too, even if they are the 'same' version.

But yes.. AB is quite broken now. Fan profile still works tho.

Oh boy no idea if i should try it or not for my Quad 7970s.. Is anyone able to run crossfire 7970s on these drivers?

Ya I just downloaded them, going to try them with 7970 tri-fire rig after dinner at 6:30 pm central, I'll report back then.

I heard its good for crossfire but if you want to oc them then they are shit till the software can unlock em

I want my magic 1230/1850 oc I was lucky to cherrypick returns hehehe

Everyone having problems with afterburner:
Please run GPU-Z and find out if your 3d clocks are showing up as 300/150.
If they are, then that's the problem. The 3d clocks are somehow the ULP clocks, which won't work with any tools.

To fix it:
1) uninstall the driver and reboot
2) Run the latest atiman uninstaller 6.3.1, and reboot twice.
3) install the late january AMD preview SSAA Driver.
4) UPGRADE install to this driver.
5) Run gpu-z. if your 3d clocks now show up as 925/1325, your AB and Trixx will work again.

Why is this always a headache? It's never a smooth easy pleasant experience being an AMD owner. That's for sure.

There's no mixing of custom resolution for eyefinity though...
Wanting to mix my 24" side panels @ 1920x1200 w/ the main being 2560x1600
So eyefinity 2.1 is still not complete.

Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications

• Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and 7700 Series
  • Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications
  • Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications)

Does this mean adaptive in DX10/11 is NOT supported on the 6000 series? (Super sample I could care less about, but can't tell if they mean adaptive is 7000 only ...)

Everyone having problems with afterburner:
Please run GPU-Z and find out if your 3d clocks are showing up as 300/150.
If they are, then that's the problem. The 3d clocks are somehow the ULP clocks, which won't work with any tools.

To fix it:
1) uninstall the driver and reboot
2) Run the latest atiman uninstaller 6.3.1, and reboot twice.
3) install the late january AMD preview SSAA Driver.
4) UPGRADE install to this driver.
5) Run gpu-z. if your 3d clocks now show up as 925/1325, your AB and Trixx will work again.

What a freaking nightmare. Think I'll just wait for a new version of AB myself as I was only running at the CCC max anyway and the fan profile I use is still working.

Unwinder will NOT make a new version of afterburner for this. I already talked to him. He's unhappy with ATI's driver problems and he doesn't give support for crap driver caused issues. And as I said before, the problem is not afterburner. It's that the 2d clocks (ULP) somehow become the 3d clocks. As you know, Trixx and AB Will NOT work, and will never work with cards running in ULP mode. Trying to overclock a card in ULP mode will crash the system. Run GPU-Z and you'll see the current clocks appear as 300/150, even if you set them to 1125/1575 in the CCC. And if that happens, you need to do the fix. Do the upgrade install instead of whining about it, and it will work. It takes 2 minutes to install a driver...

yup it works. I just installed over my old driver. now I will try bf3

I think its a stupid idea to not support the best gpu in the world that is now way more powerful (in BF3 thanks to the recent update) than any other card on the market. This card oced kills anything nvidia has to offer. real dumb

Unwinder will NOT make a new version of afterburner for this. I already talked to him. He's unhappy with ATI's driver problems and he doesn't give support for crap driver caused issues. And as I said before, the problem is not afterburner. It's that the 2d clocks (ULP) somehow become the 3d clocks. As you know, Trixx and AB Will NOT work, and will never work with cards running in ULP mode. Trying to overclock a card in ULP mode will crash the system. Run GPU-Z and you'll see the current clocks appear as 300/150, even if you set them to 1125/1575 in the CCC. And if that happens, you need to do the fix. Do the upgrade install instead of whining about it, and it will work. It takes 2 minutes to install a driver...

Commenting is not "whining" so there's really no need to be a dick. Just saying it's a freaking nightmare to do all this just to get AB running right. I wasn't pointing fingers. Unwinder does not wanna take on the task? Good for him and thanks for all the previous hard work.. happy trails. :rolleyes:

I just installed this with my new Powercolor 7950 and BF3 crashes in seconds reliably. Can someone let me know what driver is known working and overclockable?

Edit:swtor works fine

Tested this with my 7970 quadfire.

All full screen games crash with crossfire on. (BSOD - Display driver stopped responding)

fwiw; i've been using these: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357820

using them for 2+ weeks with all the benefits of 12.2 and works with afterburner and trixx. every once in awhile i'll get a lock up when loading trixx, but other than that, zero issues with bf3 and skyrim. only things i'm really playing right now.

Back